Cysts

tigger1999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The Gp just told me I have a cyst on my lower eyelid, he took the top off gave me drops and said if it doesn’t go it will have to be removed, this scares me , has anyone else had this problem with cysts, thank you

D

Deleted member 308541

The Gp just told me I have a cyst on my lower eyelid, he took the top off gave me drops and said if it doesn’t go it will have to be removed, this scares me , has anyone else had this problem with cysts, thank you
I had one removed from the bridge of my nose near the corner of my left eye.

Painless procedure with a local anaesthetic and all over in about ten minutes.

Reactions: tigger1999

tigger1999

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you Tipetoo just not looking forward to that sting of local in the eye lid

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
There won't be a sting under a local

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Not a cyst, but I had a little growth removed from a lower eyelid some years ago. It was done by a plastic surgeon, because they didn't want to risk affecting the line of my eyelid. It hadn't occurred to me at that stage. He was a bit enthusiastic, and went about removing some moles at the same time. He was pretty open about the fact that if he removed more than x number of lesions, his fee went up!

By the time he'd done, I looked like I'd been hit by shrapnel, with a "bonus" black eye.

It was all very easy, and if you need to have it done, they'll likely apply some local anaesthetic cream first, so that when they get around to the "proper" local, you're nice and still. You'll be fine

Reactions: tigger1999