dealing with type two diagnosis and what i intend to do

barakiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was diagnosed with type two diabetes in November 2016 this was a big shock to me as I have always dieted in the past, I didn't have suger in my tea not too bothered about sweets cake biscuits ect so I couldn't understand why I got it, I guess I had put weight on so after being diagnosed I straight away was counting my carbs suger and caleries my readings when diagnosed were 51 or 6.6 I write down everything I ate each day keeping carbs suger and caleries as low as possible, I wanted to lose weight anyway so instead of watching the fat content I watched the carbs and suger instead, 3 months later I went back to the nurse and my readings are now 46 which is now in the prediabetic range, I don't take any medication and im due back at the end of june for my next reading with the nurse, im determined to lose the weight ive lost two stone already so I will continue to lose weight, my goal is to try get down into the normal range of under 42. I am trying to put this diabetes into remission or reverse it, I have been on a 6 week course and learnt a lot about it, and have also read books and read about the Newcastle diet, my own glucose readings for the last 27 days have been below 5.6 down to 4.7 on occasions. averaging on 5.5 most of them this is on diet only, im going on holiday soon and I want to lose another half a stone on that holiday, I also will excersise lot of walking and swimming everyday, I had a eye test recently and unfortunately I now have background retinopathy in my left eye I think this may of happened before I was diagnosed. if there is anyone out there going through a similar situation or anyone can tell me if they hay reversed their type two or anyone had background retinopathy that was there but now gone away. please could you write to me thankyou

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think in general, the earlier complications are addressed, the easier they are to reverse. The body's capacity to heal is amazing. In addition to eating a healthy diet, a few nutrients need to be supplemented: vitamin D3 and magnesium immediately come to mind. Fish oil is another good one because it's difficult to get a good omega 3 to omega 6 ratio otherwise. I'd ask your question on this forum too... http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/category/diabetes-complications.34/ :)

Reactions: kokhongw