Deleting posts

C

chris lowe

I have put a post in the wrong thread but when I want to delete it, I get a message saying I don't have permission to perform that action. Its my post why can't I delete it? The only thing I can do is remove it from public view

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
I have put a post in the wrong thread but when I want to delete it, I get a message saying I don't have permission to perform that action. Its my post why can't I delete it? The only thing I can do is remove it from public view
Hi Chris I did exactly the same thing a couple of weeks ago they deleted it wether I wanted to or not,just for posting on wrong thread. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bit harsh!
Bit harsh!
I posted some answers to someone who was having problems with BG levels and hadn't realised they had split the BG thread into two with low level chat and some chat,some nice people on the low chat thread reported me for answering this person who I was trying to help. What do people like that get out of reporting someone for that it's hardly the crime of the century. But then theirs no accounting for some. K

Reactions: chris lowe
D

Deleted member 308541

I just tried on one of my posts in a thread.

It pops a box up saying, type in reason for deletion or words to that effect. Then click on OK and the post is deleted (hidden from view).

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I just tried on one of my posts in a thread.

It pops a box up saying, type in reason for deletion or words to that effect. Then click on OK and the post is deleted (hidden from view).
Thanks for that we live and learn, there is always someone who can help on here. It may come in useful!K

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @chris lowe ,

@Tipetoo is right. You should have the function to deleted or edit posts if you've made a mistake..
I hope you managed to sort this issue out Chris?

@Granny_grump_ , quite often newbies (for instance?) make Thier first posts in an FBG thread, when this happens, moderators encourage moving these posts to its own topic. Any ensuing member posts with advice (or welcome.) appertaining will also be moved to the new thread... Creating a... New thread.!
Any encouragement/empathic commiseration/"high fiveing" on such topics (FBGs) won't make one an "outlaw."

I hope this helps, K.

C

chris lowe

Hi @chris lowe ,

@Tipetoo is right. You should have the function to deleted or edit posts if you've made a mistake..
I hope you managed to sort this issue out Chris?

@Granny_grump_ , quite often newbies (for instance?) make Thier first posts in an FBG thread, when this happens, moderators encourage moving these posts to its own topic. Any ensuing member posts with advice (or welcome.) appertaining will also be moved to the new thread... Creating a... New thread.!
Any encouragement/empathic commiseration/"high fiveing" on such topics (FBGs) won't make one an "outlaw."

I hope this helps, K.

Thanks Jaycee I ended up setting it to remove from public view, but seems silly you can't delete your own posts. Ho hum

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks Jaycee I ended up setting it to remove from public view, but seems silly you can't delete your own posts. Ho hum

Hi Chris,
Are you using the forum app or the browser..? I've never used the app, so unfamiliar with the format...

D

Deleted member 308541

App, I do prefer it but does seem to have regular problems
I gave using the app away, it was downloading to much other stuff such as graphics that had no other use than use my data allowance.

I use Chrome browser on my phone, and that is very fast here on the forum now they have seemed to fixed what ever the slow down to a grinding halt problem was.

Reactions: chris lowe

BillB

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Impolite people, yobbish behaviour, pretentious people.
Well, you can edit any of your posts, as I've done quite often. But deleting them entirely is a different matter, never having to do that yet. If you look at the bottom of your post you will see three choices - Edit, Delete or Report. I've only ever used the first one.