Dexcom 7

ashleyneildas

Hello everyone,

I am a Type 1 diabetic and use a Dexcom 6 which I love to bits. I am about to change over to the Dexcom 7 and am wondering what the experiences have been so far ?

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hello everyone,

I am a Type 1 diabetic and use a Dexcom 6 which I love to bits. I am about to change over to the Dexcom 7 and am wondering what the experiences have been so far ?
I will follow with interest because the G7 has just become available in my country (New Zealand). I am particularly interested to know if the follow app is the same. I currently use it to display my bg on a fitbit watch and would love to know if this will still work...

oldgreymare

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Commuting, overcrowded spaces, especially after the arrival of covid-19...
I am a self funding G6 user on MDI and have just changed my subscription to G7 going forward. Using the cheapest payment options, the G7 will be about £275 cheaper per year than my current G6 package. FYI the G7 is not yet licensed for linking to insulin pumps as this is only just started being tested by pump manufacturers. Apparently probably a year - 18 months before this is complete. I'll receive my first lot of G7 in January (plenty of G6 gear still to use!).

Reactions: briansolar1

Brian mc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Hi,

My 2 year old has been using the dexcom 7 for 10 days. So onto the 2nd application. The first one worked straight away however this one has started on really low readings compared to her actual BG. I read that this happened on occasion on the dexcom 6. Just hoping it corrects itself soon. I've collabrated a couple of times but still out about 6ml.
Fingers crossed it sorts itself as last 10 days it worked really well

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Super jealous! I have been asking for a Dexcom for ages but for now am stuck with a libre. I really want a CGm

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Super jealous! I have been asking for a Dexcom for ages but for now am stuck with a libre. I really want a CGm
Hi,

Without wishing to rock (derail this particular topic.)
There is a way to get a full on “CGM” experience with a Libre. (If you have the L2, even better.)

Feel free to start your own thread? (You will get many thoughts on this.)

• Agree
Reactions: In Response

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

letsgo182

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
If you have Libre 2, the Miaomiao is not required.
I was grateful to get rid of mine. Not just the extra bulk but also it was starting to carry less charge.

Oh interesting, I’ll do some research on how to turn a Libre 2 into a CGM and then maybe a start a thread if I can’t figure it out, thanks!

• Agree
Reactions: Jaylee

Mr Loopy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I wish I could use a CGM but I’m allergic to all tapes and latex’s. They burn then come off with my skin attached.