Dexcom G4 CGM sensor - current Animas pricing

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
£257.50 for 4, from ATP UK. I'm not sure if that includes delivery. So £64.38/sensor. £17.88 per sensor cheaper from Animas. 28% less. That's pretty significant.

By the way Eng, good to hear from you again. :)
Just seen on another forum that someone is paying $300 self funding the sensors that's just over £202. So by the time AT have paid import duty etc, he hardly making any money at all. @Spiker

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Just seen on another forum that someone is paying $300 self funding the sensors that's just over £202. So by the time AT have paid import duty etc, he hardly making any money at all. @Spiker
I have no beef with ATUK. I have never said they are gouging - others may have but don't lump me in with them please. ATUK are running a decent business and Animas are subsidising sensors in a way that undermines ATUK. If I was ATUK I would be very annoyed about it.

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
I have no beef with ATUK. I have never said they are gouging - others may have but don't lump me in with them please. ATUK are running a decent business and Animas are subsidising sensors in a way that undermines ATUK. If I was ATUK I would be very annoyed about it.
@Spiker I wasn't lumping you in with the ones gouging at AT so very sorry if you thought I was. I tagged you as thought it was you plus a couple of others asking for the cost to the Americans, thus just a price comparison between them and us.
No amount of money could ever replace the knowledge and expertise that JT has. His knowledge of pumps and pumping is second to none as well.

Reactions: 2 people

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Spiker I wasn't lumping you in with the ones gouging at AT so very sorry if you thought I was. I tagged you as thought it was you plus a couple of others asking for the cost to the Americans, thus just a price comparison between them and us.
Ah ok sorry @CarbsRok to get defensive about it and thanks very much for the tag, you are right I was keen to hear about US pricing.

No amount of money could ever replace the knowledge and expertise that JT has. His knowledge of pumps and pumping is second to none as well.
Totally agree, the man is a legend.