Dexcom G6 - NHS Funded Delivery Question

jayeff_t1

Hope this is in the correct forum and someone can help.

I received the go-ahead for funded Dexcom G6 from the Dr at my annual review in November. I received a 3 month supply in one go on Nov 26th (transmitter + 3 boxes of 3 sensors). I didn't receive an email or text message or anything to indicate delivery before that. I assumed something similar would happen for the next 3 month supply, but nothing has arrived. I've now only got one sensor left.

Just wondering has anyone had to deal with something similar and if so, who am I best advised to contact? I don't want to bother the folks at the hospital if it's not their responsibility.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I don't know about Dexcom. I only know about pump supplies. For me, these have been on request to the pump manufacturer. If I don't request new supplies, they don't arrive.
I recommend talking to your Diabetes clinic/DSN.

Dollylolly

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
The docs thinking drugs cure all
You have to request for all prescriptions

can I ask how it’s been with the dexcom.

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
You have to request for all prescriptions
Diabetes tech such as pumps (and I assume CGMs ... but not Libre) are not available on prescription like medication. They are not collected from the pharmacy but delivered by courier/mail.

jayeff_t1

Thanks so much for the replies. I wasn't aware that for non-GP prescribed items I had to contact the manufacturer - I spoke to Dexcom and the next 3 months supply is on the way! So happy it was resolved so easily.

can I ask how it’s been with the dexcom.

It's brilliant. I don't have any hypo awareness and had been suffering with that for months. It's amazing to be free from that anxiety now. The alarms are a godsend. It's also an excellent learning tool; I've figured out more about how foods affect my BG in the last few months than in the last 20 years. Currently hitting 90% time in range (4.0 - 10.0) almost every day - wouldn't be able to do it without the CGM.

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
It depend how your hospital set it up... some require you to phone dexcom when you open your last box to order the next 3 months.. this is the way my hospital works

Others setup to automatically come.. simply phone dexcom and ask... the will send next day courier