Dexcom G6 Sensor Fsilure

jade88

Hi only been using Dexcom for a few months and recently had to change the transmitter for first time. Worked fine with first 2 sensors but today I have had 2 sensors fail during warm up. Now wondering if it is the transmitter that is faulty?
Don’t want to waste any more sensors so should I contact Dexcom and ask for a new transmitter? Any advise would be much appreciated!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Don’t want to waste any more sensors so should I contact Dexcom and ask for a new transmitter? Any advise would be much appreciated!

Phone dexcom, I believe they have a 24 hour number. They will advise on what you should do and send you new sensors/transmitters as necessary. (Don't throw the faulty ones out, they may ask you to return them.) Good luck.

Reactions: ert

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
Sometimes if the sensors have the same numbers it's safer to wait 10 minutes between stopping the sensor then applying and starting the new one.. I've read elsewhere of people having issues as dexcom thinks it's a restart..

Sometimes you can recover the sensor by leaving the transmitter out for 20 minutes and trying again buy putting transmitter back in and starting as a new sensor

But do phone dexcom they should trouble shoot and replace