Dexcom one app compatibility ?

gogobroom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I a thinking of trying Dexcom One but the Dexcom One App is not supported by my phone, however the Dexcom 6 app looks like it is supported . My question is can you use the Dexcom 6 app instead of one when using a Dexcom one ? Or are there other alternatives ?

I don't want to spend a fortune finding that I can't use the product.
Thanks

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I a thinking of trying Dexcom One but the Dexcom One App is not supported by my phone, however the Dexcom 6 app looks like it is supported . My question is can you use the Dexcom 6 app instead of one when using a Dexcom one ? Or are there other alternatives ?

I don't want to spend a fortune finding that I can't use the product.
Thanks
Hi gogobroom

I am a Dexcom One user. I do not think you can use the Dexcom 6 app with Dexcom One. Probably best to contact Dexcom to clarify this. If you get Dexcom One on prescription it might be possible to get a Receiver from Dexcom which you could use instead of your phone

Good luck with this

Reactions: gogobroom

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
No the serial numbers are different so you can not interchange

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are third party unofficial apps available.
I have used xDrip+ and Glimp for the Libre and they supported Dexcom CGMs too.
If you are technically minded (unofficial apps tend to be written for geeks by geeks), it may be worth investigating these.
Sorry, I cannot answer with certainty as I no longer use these apps and have not used Dexcom One.

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don’t know if I am dreaming, but I thought I’d read that there were official unapproved apps for just this circumstance. IE Dexcom apps with the validation removed for 'use at your own risk’.