Dexcom ONE Vs Freestyle Libre 2

Sarah17

Hello all,

I've been using the Libre 2 for several years now, and have found the readings to be accurate for me. I have recently had problems accessing the logbook (as I'm sure a lot of people have), and my Diabetes team has swapped me over to Dexcom ONE to alleviate this issue, as well as preparing me for pump therapy (I'm currently waiting for a pump for approx 10 years).

I am struggling with Dexcom ONE;
Firstly, my phone is cheap and the app does not work on it, so I have to use the Dexcom reader.
Secondly, the readings are way off compared to my Libre which I am still wearing alongside it for now.
I also often receive a loss of signal which can happen even with the reader next to me, and despite only wearing it for 48 hours, I don't trust it one bit.
I borrowed a phone today to try the Dexcom app with, but am finding the app to be quite useless. Can anyone advise any other apps that work well with Dexcom ONE for me to try? I'm used to being able to make a note of my bolus and basal doses with Freestyle Libre, as well as my carb portions.

The only difference is that I wear the Libre 2 on my arm, and I have the Dexcom ONE on my abdomen. I intend to test it on my arm if the readings don't improve.

Does anyone else have any of these issues and knows how to solve them? I'm concerned about pump therapy if the Dexcom 6 is the same as Dexcom ONE as I believe this is the sensor used with most pumps. I'm currently considering switching back to Libre 2 and abandoning the idea of a pump!

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
forum bugs
Hi @Sarah17 and welcome to the forums.

I haven't personally used the dexcom ONE but believe it to be a very inferior version of other dexcom offerings, which can be calibrated. So I wouldn't be too concerned about the pump situation, as you'd get the G6 or G7 for that. (Medtronic also has its own sensors, with a variable reputation.)

And I note that some dexcom sensors are inaccurate for me for the first 24 hours, I pre insert to get round this.

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hello all,

I've been using the Libre 2 for several years now, and have found the readings to be accurate for me. I have recently had problems accessing the logbook (as I'm sure a lot of people have), and my Diabetes team has swapped me over to Dexcom ONE to alleviate this issue, as well as preparing me for pump therapy (I'm currently waiting for a pump for approx 10 years).

I am struggling with Dexcom ONE;
Firstly, my phone is cheap and the app does not work on it, so I have to use the Dexcom reader.
Secondly, the readings are way off compared to my Libre which I am still wearing alongside it for now.
I also often receive a loss of signal which can happen even with the reader next to me, and despite only wearing it for 48 hours, I don't trust it one bit.
I borrowed a phone today to try the Dexcom app with, but am finding the app to be quite useless. Can anyone advise any other apps that work well with Dexcom ONE for me to try? I'm used to being able to make a note of my bolus and basal doses with Freestyle Libre, as well as my carb portions.

The only difference is that I wear the Libre 2 on my arm, and I have the Dexcom ONE on my abdomen. I intend to test it on my arm if the readings don't improve.

Does anyone else have any of these issues and knows how to solve them? I'm concerned about pump therapy if the Dexcom 6 is the same as Dexcom ONE as I believe this is the sensor used with most pumps. I'm currently considering switching back to Libre 2 and abandoning the idea of a pump!
Good Morning Sarah

I am a Dexcom one user and for me I have found it more accurate and reliable than libre 2. For me it works best on my arms. It can be calibrated

Good luck with your decisions

• Informative
Reactions: EllieM

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Apologies. I stand corrected.
No problem They added calibration with update last year. I would agree that Dexcom One is the poor cousin of 6 & 7 Not sure what One+ will be like when it arrives

Sarah17

Thank you all for your input. My Libre 2 has finished now, so I feel very insecure about the readings I'm currently getting. I will try applying it on my arm once this one runs out.

I have now ordered a new phone which will be compatible with the Dexcom ONE app, however, I've noticed after testing the app that I can't add my insulin doses as I could with Librelink. Does anyone know any other apps that sync with Dexcom ONE and where you can also add your insulin doses and view them both together? I really miss that!

I'm currently having issues getting hold of test strips for my finger prick meter - despite being a type 1. I'm having to get the hospital to keep asking my GP. Nightmare. So I don't have test strips currently, I'm relying solely on the Dexcom ONE until this gets sorted out. Then I can calibrate.

Sarah17

Just to add on, I always pre-inserted my Libre sensors 24 hours before I activated them. I've been wearing the Dexcom ONE since Wednesday and the readings were still quite high compared to the Libre which ended this morning, though they were a little less far apart. (They were within 8mmol of each other most recently, but the Dexcom has always read higher).

Also, I have been a type 1 diabetic since 1995, waiting for a pump for 10 years, on CGM for approx 2 years.