Diabetes pregnancy and craving sweet

Alia5

Hi I'm type 2 diabetic and approx 14 weeks pregnant. I am on insulin now have been pretty much controlled with a few hypos here and there. My hba1c when I got pregnant was 87 but when checked again a couple of weeks ago it was down to 50. However as my pregnancy is progressing I'm finding that I am eating a lot more and massively craving sweet food and so I am eating a lot of sugary foods and carbs which means I initially was getting above target readings max 8.6 but higher than usual for me so I altered my insulin to higher dosages which does mostly keep it within target. What I am worried about is that as my sugar intake increasing and now I'm taking more insulin will it have a negative affect on baby and will it lead to me staying on insulin after pregnancy as I will become more insulin dependant due to all this insulin going inside me? I had gestational diabetes in my first pregnancy and it never went after delivery and I've been on tablets since I just don't want to end up staying on insulin too. Any words of advice or any experiences shared will be much appreciated. Thank you x