Diabetes type 2 and exercise

jojo2276

HI! Bit of a random question but hope somebody can help. Been diagnosed a few months now am (type 2) am trying to change diet and exercise to lose weight and hopefully help my diabetes! Things definetly improving but hit a bit of a blip today!

On an average day my readings range between 6 :) and 12. Yesterday I did an hour in the gym before going in i had a good meal and reading was 6. Afterwards I felt very exhausted!! far more than usual! reading was then 4. Today no matter what I have eaten its been 4ish falling to 3.6 (I felt rotten)- and I have felt dreadful???

Can anyone offer any help?! I on metformin.

Many Thanks,

Jo :)

simply_h

Hi Jo,

You are on the right track here with the exersize.

I have also found that exersize seem to flat line my BS levels at times and do sometimes feel odd.. I recon it could be the body fixing the muscles that you have used, as I guess that takes energy ect..

The Odd feeling that I get, you will soon get used to it, as I understand that your body will have to get used to having a lower BS again.

Only my view, I am sure some of the more knowledgeable forum people will be able to advise further ect..

But on the exersize side here is my take on that matter, as Exersize is KING. along with diet (I feel) in trying to control your BS.

Do cardio and weights, dont worry weights will not make you look like a man with muscles, but go as heavy as you can with the weights, as improving muscle tone and improving muscle mass will help so you a lot in gaining control of the "D".

As toned muscles mop up excess sugars in blood, as muscle need to be fed, so to say..

The cardio will help with heart fitness.. The cardio and weights will also help with weight-loss (by that I mean FAT, as a lower body fat with "D" is the key as well.

Only My views, but seems to be working for me on the BS control at the moment.

Cheers
Simply_h

jojo2276

Thank you so much for replying I really appreciate it! I will keep going the gym and hopefully I will adapt quite quickly if I keep at it! ! Take care and thank you again for reply! Jo xx