Diabetes UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes we do stick together , however there is LCHF diet versus the NHS recommendations etc; in this forum.
England and Wales are presently being robbed by there own pockets, Yes or No will not change that..
I think a lot of Scotsman are being nice by saying "I don't know which way to vote" but will vote yes.( and come out the polling station still saying this)
We all know about oil and its wealth, or do we. In Scotland oil is inexhaustible while in England they have started Fracking under many homes in a effort to find wealth.
As @noblehead says, "Hope common sense prevails and it's a NO vote." however it is a Yes from me.:)

Of course we have our differences, like the LCHF/NHS hooey, but I still appreciate the existence of the NHS, as I do appreciate the UK and can't see that our national differences justify breaking it up. Breaking up a small united kingdom on the grounds of ethnicity with a referendum that doesn't cater for all the voices that should be heard? Very strange. :(

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I don't believe for a moment Scotland will be allowed to break away.
Oil and Gas for starters.
Then there's a very very serious problem with nuclear submarines.
Those subs come in from the sea and go deep under ground in places that have been fashioned out over fifty years.
To rebuild something like that now in a short space of time is beyond the realms of reality and economics.
The borders would have to be redrawn in such a way that the sub base would be in England as well as most of the gas an oil.
No way will the bankers allow a yes vote so the election will have to be tampered with ... rigged.
If that can't be done then years and years of legal wrangling will have to happen to give the establishment the time to create some kind of disaster ... economic ecological who knows to make it impossible to happen.
Democracy my bottom.

Reactions: 2 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course we have our differences, like the LCHF/NHS hooey, but I still appreciate the existence of the NHS, as I do appreciate the UK and can't see that our national differences justify breaking it up. Breaking up a small united kingdom on the grounds of ethnicity with a referendum that doesn't cater for all the voices that should be heard? Very strange. :(
You make a very good point regarding all voices.
Maybe I am just being greedy trying to keep the strawberry on the cake for myself which might not be that healthy or on the other hand leaving a sinking ship.
Joking aside Scotland has this opportunity, The main reason for my vote is very simple as in my diabetics, "self control"
Would you believe I have a lovely English wife and 4 great English adult children and all pay their tax's etc;

Heathenlass

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you have the Angel of the North then? Lucky for some!

Ah , @lizdeluz , the "Tin Lizzy " is quite a way south from me . I am on the English/ Scottish border and literally cross from one to the other a dozen times a day . This is what makes the outcome so interesting to me :rolleyes:

Signy

Reactions: 4 people

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't believe for a moment Scotland will be allowed to break away.
Oil and Gas for starters.
Then there's a very very serious problem with nuclear submarines.
Those subs come in from the sea and go deep under ground in places that have been fashioned out over fifty years.
To rebuild something like that now in a short space of time is beyond the realms of reality and economics.
The borders would have to be redrawn in such a way that the sub base would be in England as well as most of the gas an oil.
No way will the bankers allow a yes vote so the election will have to be tampered with ... rigged.
If that can't be done then years and years of legal wrangling will have to happen to give the establishment the time to create some kind of disaster ... economic ecological who knows to make it impossible to happen.
Democracy my bottom.
@JACKTHELAD The Welsh first Minster said, "Britain's nuclear armed submarines would be “more than welcome” in Wales if they were kicked out of Scotland." Also the Bank of England was co-founded by a Scotsman, so I am sure a new Scotsman can come up with a good alternative.
However you could be so right as the 3 main parties for once team up and go beaming up to Scotland to hold onto their large income resource.:):)
Time I went back to my normal self, where is my BG meter.:happy:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Should try being Newcastle diet like me. I guess I know how David Mundell feels.

He is the only tory MP in Scotland.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah , @lizdeluz , the "Tin Lizzy " is quite a way south from me . I am on the English/ Scottish border and literally cross from one to the other a dozen times a day . This is what makes the outcome so interesting to me :rolleyes:

Signy
You should be on telly!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How about, regardless of the outcome, those of us living in England demand a referendum about wheter we believe England should be an independent country?

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How about, regardless of the outcome, those of us living in England demand a referendum about wheter we believe England should be an independent country?
Probably, but knowing Westminster MPs they would move a few Counties etc; to wales to make it worth while.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

I stupidly clicked on this thread thinking it was about diabetes. I have a distasteful attitude apparently.

:dead:

C

chris lowe

I don't know what the quality of voters is in Scotland but I was talking to a young Englishman this morning who thought that none of us should be part of the EU. When I asked him why he said that he was fed up with decisions being made for us in Japan. I told him that I didn't think Japan was part of the EU and he said, "Oh no, sorry, I meant Brazil".

We're all going to die.

Ah well, there's the problem Squire. You spoke to someone young who didn't have the sort of education like wot we did. Thank goodness you didn't ask him/her where Scotland was.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Stupid question, but is the result announced on Friday or a later date?

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Friday morning, approximately 7am weather permitting in the islands.

Oh ... and re-counts.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I think England should vote to separate from London.

Reactions: 3 people

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
If I lived in Scotland and had a vote I would be seriously tempted to vote Yes. I still think a lot of undecideds will vote Yes on the basis of 'I don't want to be ruled by those Sassenach Etonian nonces in London'. Especially if any of them says something silly today (there's still time).

The No campaign have to say that there is no chance of Scotland using the pound etc etc - if they said anything different they would just be handing more votes to the Yes campaign. Do I believe them anyway? Er .....

The level of interest and likely turnout is good for democracy though.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah well, there's the problem Squire. You spoke to someone young who didn't have the sort of education like wot we did. Thank goodness you didn't ask him/her where Scotland was.

In the queue for Starbucks, the girl in front asked for a skinny black coffee. Seriously. And the future of my nation is in their hands!!!!!

sanguine

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Intolerance, career politicians, reality TV and so-called celebrity culture, mobile phones in the quiet carriage.
Friday morning, approximately 7am weather permitting in the islands.

Oh ... and re-counts.

Recounts aren't part of the procedure apparently (not for it just being 'close' anyway).

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the queue for Starbucks, the girl in front asked for a skinny black coffee. Seriously. And the future of my nation is in their hands!!!!!

In a local café recently I asked for a black coffee. The waiter asked whether I wanted milk or cream. He was Scottish by the way. Lol ;)

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Recounts aren't part of the procedure apparently (not for it just being 'close' anyway).

Each local counting place can have re-counts. What can't have a re-count is the total vote. Or at least that was what was said on telly last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.