Diabetes with other difficulties

nmr1991

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Recently, I had so many things that have really annoyed me especially through the winter where it has become increasingly cold and illnesses have been floating around. The main purpose of this post is I have been getting throat problems, which could be linked to diabetes or not and thats what I want to find out. My blood sugars are fine and within safe range.

I could discuss this in a general forum for health but I don't know of any so i'll post here.

For the past 2 weeks I have been getting this lumpy feeling in my throat/neck that seems to feel like something has got stuck and can't be coughed up or swallowed down, i tried using my fingers to reach down but I didn't want to cause any damage. Are these symptoms typical for a diabetic?

I have been considering what people have said over the internet about a condition known as acid reflux disorder, but I ruled this out straight away because I have not been sick for months. Another possibility could be eating something that could have been sharp and made a scratch, however it should have healed in a couple of weeks at the most. When I sleep, or feel tired, the oesophagus is known to narrow itself and this is when I feel the 'lump' the most or when I lay down it seems to have the same effect.

I don't want to have this all the way through my Christmas holidays, if it will I think I will try to contact my GP and see the extent of it.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Those symptoms are not typical for someone with diabetes and you need to get this investigated by your gp, don't put it off any longer and make that appointment today! :)