Type 1 Diabetes

dex44lego9

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi everyone have you all really accepted your diabetes or like me even after 30 years sometimes i just could not be bothered talking about food, injections, complications all you hear is diabetes diabetes diabetes but don't get me wrong i cope with it and get on with because i have no other choice . I admire the lot of you.

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I know how you feel sometimes you just feel like having a fish supper! However stick with it it is worth the sore fingers and occasional bruise.

Reactions: dbr10

KezG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tripe, most shellfish.. mussels, cockles etc...
@dex44lego9 Your'e doing o.k. by the sound of it.. 30 years, I'm in my 3rd month and it's all I can think/talk about most of the time.. my friends and colleagues must be getting sick of hearing it all. Yes I accepted it, but there's so much to learn so it's a little exciting/frustrating/annoying. Injecting 5-6 times a day is no more of a pain than having to shave each day. There's the emotional rollercoaster stuff and the constant glucose balancing act and having to take your gear everywhere stuff to think about but hey.. things could be so much worse. Thankfully they aren't.

Reactions: dex44lego9