diabetic neuropathy?

Luca2016

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi. I have random tingling in my arms, legs, feet, face and occasionally hands. This started a couple of years ago but has recently gotten worse. I don't have tingling at night but it starts in the morning when I wake up.
I had gestational diabetes two and a half years ago. I don't think i had diabetes before then as my hba1c during my first trimester was 5.1. three months after my pregnancy my hba1c was 5.2. 6 months later it was 5.4 which is the highest it's been.
I can easily spike over 11 after meals. lately my set bsl has risen and usually stays between 5.6 and 7.0 throughout the day.
I do take metformin, have had b12 levels checked and they were around 470 for memory. I do have low iron levels - around 12.
I expect my next hba1c resul to be around 5.7 as a result of my recent higher blood sugar set point.
I've read again and again that diabetic neuropathy is a result of high blood sugar levels over years which I don't have. I don't like having an average bsl of around 6.5 but is that high enough to cause neuropathy?
Any thoughts would be welcome

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Hi. I have random tingling in my arms, legs, feet, face and occasionally hands. This started a couple of years ago but has recently gotten worse. I don't have tingling at night but it starts in the morning when I wake up.
I had gestational diabetes two and a half years ago. I don't think i had diabetes before then as my hba1c during my first trimester was 5.1. three months after my pregnancy my hba1c was 5.2. 6 months later it was 5.4 which is the highest it's been.
I can easily spike over 11 after meals. lately my set bsl has risen and usually stays between 5.6 and 7.0 throughout the day.
I do take metformin, have had b12 levels checked and they were around 470 for memory. I do have low iron levels - around 12.
I expect my next hba1c resul to be around 5.7 as a result of my recent higher blood sugar set point.
I've read again and again that diabetic neuropathy is a result of high blood sugar levels over years which I don't have. I don't like having an average bsl of around 6.5 but is that high enough to cause neuropathy?
Any thoughts would be welcome
Hmmm, doesn't sound too likely based on your results. Best thing would be to get it checked out with the doctor.
The good news is that anecdotally, many people who do begin to develop signs of neuropathy have been able to reverse some or all of the effects once they have got control of their wayward blood glucose levels.

Luca2016

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hmmm, doesn't sound too likely based on your results. Best thing would be to get it checked out with the doctor.
The good news is that anecdotally, many people who do begin to develop signs of neuropathy have been able to reverse some or all of the effects once they have got control of their wayward blood glucose levels.
Thank you for your reply