Diabetic or not?!

lachiebheag

Hi I recently had lots of blood tests,[7] to decide if my medication was causing a toxic reaction to my system.Am awaiting results.Iam Bi-Polar and take DEPAKOTE.Side effects can mimic signs of diabetes.In my case have raised red nodules all over my back,ulcerated sores on my arms,and furiously itchy legs.The skin is dry and very scaly on my legs.There are numerous red raised spots on my legs.With my scratching,the skin on my legs has become thin,and is now quite painful.I know I am pre-empting my test results,and yes it could be my meds causing this .However,I am very tired all the time,pee a couple of times an hour,and feel very thirsty,no matter how much I drink.I get my results tomorrow.Just a bit anxious.My Grandmother was diabetic.Anyone with any thoughts,I would appreciate your opinion.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Welcome to the forum.

It is not really for us to give views on medical diagnosis - we have our experiences and knowledge but are not, as a rule, medical professionals. Your situation is under investigation and hopefully your situation will be confirmed soon. If you do have diabetes, then we will give you all the help we can to assist you to manage it.

Hope things work out for you

Doug