Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an interesting job tomorrow. I got a call from my former job yesterday night. They are traditional fishermen and have a restaurant as well. They asked if I could help them out as they have fifty 11 and 12 year olds visiting who expect lessons about plankton and it's worth to fishery and the ecosystem, life of a shrimp fisher, smoking fish and emptying fishing nets close to the shore with a 'slikslee'.
So the children will be divided in 4 groups and I'm going to teach them about plankton. We will also fish for plankton and watch it under the microscope.
Sounds like great fun, only I don't know anything about plankton and the last time I saw a microscope was 30 years ago...

So today I will be using the internet until my eyes hurt and I'll be a planktonologist by tomorrow!

nvm-4036011-slikslee.jpg
<--- (this is a slikslee)

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I really know a lot about plankton now! If you're bored I can recommend looking up plankton on youtube. Amazing and soothing!

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I really know a lot about plankton now! If you're bored I can recommend looking up plankton on youtube. Amazing and soothing!

Well done for cramming all that knowledge into a few hours. Hope it goes well and the kids are interested.

Looking at a drop of water under a microscope is fascinating - a whole new world. My profession before retiring was microbiologist and I spent a lot of time looking down a microscope of one type or another - it never got boring after nearly 40yrs.

heh

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all

Sickly Helen here, up half the night with S&D :(

Have a good day

H :)