Diabetics R Us

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm about to make 70 euro's in 45 minutes with my diabetes :) Some insulin producer (which one is a secret until after) wants phone interviews about long acting insulins. Looks genuine.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
I'm about to make 70 euro's in 45 minutes with my diabetes :) Some insulin producer (which one is a secret until after) wants phone interviews about long acting insulins. Looks genuine.

I take it then that it's your round at the pub? Winner!

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I thought more in terms of a free Libre sensor and a pach of tobacco :p You must be a better person than I am!

Nah, I'm teetotal, you wouldn't catch me down the pub :angelic:

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It tried a few hail stones on the way back to the car park ,is the next storm on its way ?
Carol

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The worst of Storm Hannah is forecast for overnight and Saturday a.m.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, that was a very nice conversation! Turned out the research was commissioned by NovoNordisk, with a lot of questions about what information you get from HCP's as a diabetic and what is needed to make that better and about where you find your infomation.
So this friendly Dutch woman knows everything about you guys now, and I mentioned it would be useful to offer new diabetics a DAFNE like course, as there's nothing like that in the Netherlands. She was very interested in that, so I suppose NovoNordisk has plans in providing some sort of information.
She was also very interested in why I am scared ****less of Lantus. Makes sense in research paid for by 'the other' insulin producer.
All in all a very good way to make some money :p

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Found you a wonderful cheesy video :)

Thank you, @Antje77 . Gosh - I hadn't heard that song in ages! I first heard it when I was living in Nashville trying to get some songs published. The recording I knew then was by the Statler Brothers.

And now it appears I've tagged the wrong Antje ...

Been a long long day. :)

Reactions: Antje77

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Both my parents had green eyes I have brown eyes that's genetics for you my father had jet black hair mum was strawberry blond I don't know what my gran's hair colour was apart from the grey hair I remember her having from when I was very young.

All four members of my immediate family have/had hazel-green eyes. My father had jet black hair, my mother had dark brown hair that went grey in her 20s. I think her mother had brown eyes -- at least, two my mothers' sisters had brown eyes; the other sister and her brother had hazel eyes like Mama's. Papa had some blue-eyed brothers. In photos my maternal grandparents both had dark brown hair; Papa's mother had dark hair, the only picture I have of his father shows him with white hair. I only ever met my maternal grandfather.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all from a totally grey haired, with the start of cataracts 54 year old.

Lovely & sunny here atm but rotten weather forecast later.

Out for a carby pizza tonight as a work colleague is leaving us, I'm very sad as I've worked with her for years :(

Have a good day.

H :)

Enjoy your night out and your pizza. I'm sorry you are losing a good colleague. Will y'all be able to get together outside of work in the future?

You have just made me feel better about the pizza I had for supper last night after my long afternoon at the opticians'. :)

Reactions: heh

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too have hazel eyes but I can't wear green, it makes me look like a coffin dodger.

P.S. Being an Autumn, I can wear most shades of green, which is ironic because it is my least favorite color unless it is on plants growing outdoors. Lime green and spruce/forest green are OK.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I was given a photo today by a family friend that they had of my mother holding my grandson as a baby in her arms it made me realize just how grey her hair was by then. It was just a couple of weeks before she died so was quite poignant to see that photo today.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Mum and Keiran.jpg
In fact this is it.