Diabetics R Us

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, shoot, KLM doesn't have anything flying out 'til the day after New Year's Day ... :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well, shoot, KLM doesn't have anything flying out 'til the day after New Year's Day ... :D
I told you I would put half in the freezer, so no problem coming over for dinner on the second of january :)
Would you like a salad to go with it and some dark chocolate truffles (<1gr carbs each) for dessert, plus obnoxious but painfully cute kittens that are very hard to keep out of your plate to bother you throughout your meal?

Hotpepper20000

I told you I would put half in the freezer, so no problem coming over for dinner on the second of january :)
Would you like a salad to go with it and some dark chocolate truffles (<1gr carbs each) for dessert, plus obnoxious but painfully cute kittens that are very hard to keep out of your plate to bother you throughout your meal?
I’ll be right there.
My flight leaves in two hours.
Any time there are kittens I’m in.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ll be right there.
My flight leaves in two hours.
Any time there are kittens I’m in.
Hmmm, I guess that means oxtail stew at around 6 tomorrow morning. Sounds good! Door is open, would you please make me some coffee before waking me at such an hour?

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

It all sounds wonderful, especially the painfully cute kittens. ^. .^. .^

Now if only I had $1,000 for a seat on that plane ...
t4013.gif

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If I wasn 't on the other side of the world Kittens would do it for me. Lucky you yo hav e kittens- my two 14 year old cats would not welcome more kittens- too energetic for them now.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I remember one of our cats from yesteryear when he was a kitten he was so fast and energetic we named him Rocket.:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember one of our cats from yesteryear when he was a kitten he was so fast and energetic we named him Rocket.:)

When I was a child I had a friend who had a cat named Speedy. He was so named because he was, and also for this then-famous character:

Reactions: JohnEGreen

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Efraïm, the white kitten in the picture is trying to use up all of his 9 lives at an alarming speed. He didn't come back in after accompanying me to feed the chickens, rabbits and guinea pigs so I thought to check on him. Good thing I did, as I found him hanging by a back leg from the wire at the top of one of the fences, screaming his head off. He got unstuck as I ran towards him, likely saving me from some nasty scratches, nothing the worse for wear and eating and purring like nothing had happened.

Glad I don't have a christmas tree with two of those running rampage!
79965448_10219357342678636_2953210635032199168_o.jpg

Vlieg, the little black one, isn't half as adventurous and seems happy cuddling and purring on the couch and stealing my tea, although she likes a venture in the garden as well and already has climbed all my trees :)

80047996_10219293587804804_3090626623314067456_o.jpg

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've just remembered that I dreamed about cats last night. A friend of mine was getting two kittens.

Is "Poes" pronounced anything like English "pose"? Or like "poise"?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Is "Poes" pronounced anything like English "pose"? Or like "poise"?
Neither. It rhymes with snooze with a hard s instead of the 'ze'. I'm afraid the profanity filter will turn any closer phonetic descriptions into asterisks :D

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not a name to use if living in South Africa.
The Dutch use the same word to refer to female private parts, but it's a word to refer to (female) cats as well without a second thought :) At least I hadn't realised before trying to explain the sound to an English bunch of people.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

VashtiB

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They are so cute! and your ginger is a beautiful colour. I also have three cats with one of them a ginger- he is the youngest but also the biggest by a long shot- he's also bigger than our two dogs.

Kittens are always such fun- enjoy them.

Reactions: Bluetit1802