Diagnosed as Pre Diabetic

Chrisjr72

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hba1c has been 6.9 for a while now.. Recent blood test and GP has confirmed I'm pre diabetic. Any advice on what I should eat what I should do?? Would be much appreciated

mouseee

What changes have you already made?
The number is not very high and should be easy to knock down without radical changes. Dropping carbs is the obvious one, but you shouldn't have to go as low carb as many on here tp see results.

derekhansen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A low carb diet worked for me as it does many others. As you are pre diabetic aiming for a moderate carb of less than 100g per day may be enough to push you back into normal range Hb1Ac. As far as the food to eat, you will find some useful threads on this website but do your own research as well. Low carb recipes are easy to find and they will usually state the total carbs so you can tailor them to your daily target. Frankly I have found switching to a low carb lifestyle has given me a new lease of life. I have lost weight and my health has improved in all sorts of ways quite apart from getting my blood sugar down.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hba1c has been 6.9 for a while now.. Recent blood test and GP has confirmed I'm pre diabetic. Any advice on what I should eat what I should do?? Would be much appreciated
You posted you were diagnosed with T2 in Dec 2021, what happened in between? Obviously prediabetes is better than diabetes, but you might have had lower hba1c's in between?

According to your profile, you're on non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics), is this still correct?