Did I have a seizure?

Athena81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
T2 diabetic for ten months..I work nights so I sleep during the day. I fell asleep around noon in my living room chair. Woke up almost two hours later feeling woozy, sweaty and could barely stand. I somehow made it to my kitchen wanting a drink of water. I remember being in my kitchen. Then I was on my floor, trying to get up but it was like none of my muscles would work.. the next thing I remember I was laying on my kitchen floor with my head next to my refrigerator. And a swollen cheek with a slight bruise...i didn't think to test my sugar at the time, but all evening my sugar has been dropping rapidly. Could I have had a seizure?

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
How is your diabetes treated @Athena81 ? What medication are you on that had been causing your blood sugar to drop rapidly all evening? Had you eaten anything to deal with the noted rapidly dropping blood sugar?

Athena81

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I take metformin. I ate a meal, tested two hours after and it was in good shape. Then an hour later I felt it dropping and tested again in and it was lower. 160mg/dl to 120mg/dl in one hour

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Metformin is highly unlikely to cause severe hypos.

120 is a perfectly normal blood sugar.

It doesn't sound like this episode was diabetes/blood sugar related. Go see your doctor to get checked out. If you lost conciousness or bumped your head during the episode you should really be getting checked for concussion anyway.