BenCP

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Gym!
Here's a challenge!

I'm 64 and was diagnosed T2 18 months ago. I've been able to control it with a high protein, high fibre, medium fat, ultra -low carb diet, giving me an average of 6.2 mmol/l.

However, I now have Bell's Palsy for the second time (Bell's Palsy is a reaction to a virus which paralysis one side of your face (think severe stroke - which it isn't - thank God!) - if you get it once in your life your classed as very unlucky so I'll not be buying a lottery ticket anytime soon) After a week of comfort eating - or eating those things which I can actually eat and swallow, my glucose is now 12 :(

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, do you have any recipe suggestions? It has to be non-chewable and not too dribbley.

Thanks for suggestions

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Here's a challenge!

I'm 64 and was diagnosed T2 18 months ago. I've been able to control it with a high protein, high fibre, medium fat, ultra -low carb diet, giving me an average of 6.2 mmol/l.

However, I now have Bell's Palsy for the second time (Bell's Palsy is a reaction to a virus which paralysis one side of your face (think severe stroke - which it isn't - thank God!) - if you get it once in your life your classed as very unlucky so I'll not be buying a lottery ticket anytime soon) After a week of comfort eating - or eating those things which I can actually eat and swallow, my glucose is now 12 :(

Has anyone else experienced this and, if so, do you have any recipe suggestions? It has to be non-chewable and not too dribbley.

Thanks for suggestions
Oh sorry to hear about that, what about French toast? Bread without seeds crusts cut off dipped in beaten egg and fried in a little butter? Best wishes for your quick and complete recovery

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh sorry to hear about that, what about French toast? Bread without seeds crusts cut off dipped in beaten egg and fried in a little butter? Best wishes for your quick and complete recovery
Really not sure how bread is going to help

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thick Soups (ideally homemade but at least checked for potatoes and flour thickeners), mince based dishes all chopped tiny, mashed cauliflower with cheese, eggs a dozen different ways

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Caulifower or swede or celeriac all boiled then mashed with cream and cheeses, salt and pepper
Scrambled eggs
10% fat greek yoghurt with cocoa powder or coffe or both stirred though

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Almost anything can be blended using a stick (hand) blender, even chicken and some meats.
Brussels sprouts blended with cream are to die for.

Meat stock in a mug with hot water makes a nice savoury drink

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
Cheese tends to melt away in my mouth. Mashed veg like cauliflower, or even avocado. Would poached eggs work?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's a challenge!

Thanks for suggestions
Mince?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I often make low carb chili shepherds pie with cauliflower mash instead of potato quite easy to eat.
If I fancy steak I braise it till it's easy to chew and swallow

For a long time after being diagnosed with MG I had great difficulty with chewing and swallowing so I would often chuck a meal in a blender and puree it meat, potato, veg and all still do occasionally . But if it's ok for the Astronauts it's ok for me.