Diet doctor changes

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ps - I did the quiz, which was fun. Love the food they came up with! For me as a protein loving T2D person, not looking to lose weight, just maintenance.
I'm not sure what such looked like before? As I have been a reader on the site, and haven't done such a quiz before.
Was this a paid part of the site or free? I have never seen such on there (free) before either. It seems part of the free trial which I never start because it almost always relies on cancelling a subscription in time and with my brain these days I’m likely to forget.

• Agree
Reactions: AloeSvea

JimPartie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think to call him employed could be an assumption too far. Many, many organisations have collaborations with experts in their fields to sit on panels, or do ad hoc work. Not all of that is paid, and those who are are more likely on a very modest retainer. Many expert panels will also have folks skeptical of whatever the approach is, to act as sense checkers/validators or even disruptors.

He may be fully paid up, full-time employed, but, personally, I doubt it.
They are giving him shares in diet dr, so yes he is being paid!

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Was this a paid part of the site or free? I have never seen such on there (free) before either. It seems part of the free trial which I never start because it almost always relies on cancelling a subscription in time and with my brain these days I’m likely to forget.

Yes - me too on all counts. A free trial which I would never dare to click on for the same reasons.

I think I would have benefited from this kind of pay-for help-with healthy cooking back in the day before I really started cooking from scratch routinely and year after year and of course lower-carb - unfunnily enough - happening to varying degrees immediately after diagnosis. I would have done those meal ingredients with a recipe delivered in a box to one's urban address too, back in the day when unenthusiastically cooking for my kids too. Now I cook big time, so I can more safely eat healthily well and on some kind of budget. And yes - feel guilty for not knowing more about nutrition when I was feeding my children, and one of them a semi-vegetarian - yikes! (thinking about nutrition.) Now my poor adult kids have me sending them my favourite low-carb recipes and reminding them to watch their glucose and insulin levels so they don't go the same way as me. Routinely, poor things.

But yes - the dietdoctor site is somewhat legendary amongst people with diabetes in particular. And yes - become much more commercial over the years. But I do get it - entrepreneurialship, and needing enough to do well and pay a good wack of taxes in Sweden, if it is still based there. My understanding is it is still possible to get the excellent for people with diabetes info for free on the site? I last checked about six months ago...and the key articles were all still there available online.

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes - me too on all counts. A free trial which I would never dare to click on for the same reasons.

I think I would have benefited from this kind of pay-for help-with healthy cooking back in the day before I really started cooking from scratch routinely and year after year and of course lower-carb - unfunnily enough - happening to varying degrees immediately after diagnosis. I would have done those meal ingredients with a recipe delivered in a box to one's urban address too, back in the day when unenthusiastically cooking for my kids too. Now I cook big time, so I can more safely eat healthily well and on some kind of budget. And yes - feel guilty for not knowing more about nutrition when I was feeding my children, and one of them a semi-vegetarian - yikes! (thinking about nutrition.) Now my poor adult kids have me sending them my favourite low-carb recipes and reminding them to watch their glucose and insulin levels so they don't go the same way as me. Routinely, poor things.

But yes - the dietdoctor site is somewhat legendary amongst people with diabetes in particular. And yes - become much more commercial over the years. But I do get it - entrepreneurialship, and needing enough to do well and pay a good wack of taxes in Sweden, if it is still based there. My understanding is it is still possible to get the excellent for people with diabetes info for free on the site? I last checked about six months ago...and the key articles were all still there available online.
Yep lots of great well explained info and recipes still there for free.

Reactions: AloeSvea