Diet sheet? food hospital tv last night

dmcd11

i watched the TV prog last night and would like to try the diet that half of the women lived on for 8 weeks.

The food looked like salads etc but when I went on the C4 site.......I couldnt find any details

Can anyone tell me where I might find the food I need to eat as per the prog

thanks

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
dmcd11 said:
i watched the TV prog last night and would like to try the diet that half of the women lived on for 8 weeks.

The food looked like salads etc but when I went on the C4 site.......I couldnt find any details

Can anyone tell me where I might find the food I need to eat as per the prog

thanks

You probably couldn't find any details because c4 made the programme as a joke. I didn't watch it, I didn't needn't need to. If you really want a diet that helps you lose weight and hopefully take control of your diabetes then ignore c4 and peruse this site. All c4 want is sensationism. People here want to help, and they can.

I have taken control of my diabetes. I did it by going on the Weight Watchers diet. I didn't know at the time that it would have the affect it did. I only joined to support a friend who didn't want to go by herself. The diet taught me several things. No food is banned (if you are diabetic that is not quite true) A healthy diet is one that you feel happy to eat for the rest of your life. I know from my own experience that the shake based diets are just a quick fix with no lasting benefit. You must weigh everything you eat, and it helps to write down what you eat so you don't lose track. I took up gentle easy exercise, walking, not fast but steady walking mainly on the flat but with a few hills thrown in now and then. Just not steep ones! Walking on a beach is good exercise and the air is better too. I ate the same foods I was eating before I went on the diet, but in smaller measured amounts. The result is that after I had lost 2 stones I knew I had adopted a new lifestyle. It was no longer 'a diet' it was 'my lifestyle. I left WW and carried on losing weight and gaining stamina. I also found that my diabetes practitioner was able to reduce my medication. Sometimes she would even tell me that I could stop taking one of my diabetes pills. We were both stunned by this. Last September I had lost 5 1/2 stones and my db nurse stopped all my db meds. As far as I know, and there is room for argument either way here, I am not cured, my db is in remision, possibly, I still don't need meds and I have one month to go to discover if I have been diabetes free for one year. Ignore the fad diets, ignore c4 and shakes. Eat properly and eat well. But above all, eat wisely and as a diabetic.

Good luck.
Lee

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
dmcd11:

It looked like any good quality protein was fine, coupled with lots of salad and/or green veg. I bit of carbohydrate like wholemeal bread, pasta, jacket potatoes, up to 160g a day for them. Low fat, but not diet or fat reduced products because they contain a lot of sugar, which means carbs.

a very easy diet to follow.

boiled eggs, ham, cheese are all cheaper proteins, if expense is a problem.

and a cooked breakfast is a very good meal too.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There were 2 diets.
One was 40% carbohydrate, 30% protein and 30% fat. It contained 1,600 calories
That equates to 160g carb, 120g protein, 53.3 g fat. If you want to use this sort of diet, I think your best bet is to go to an online calculator to work out daily intake.
The other diet included diet replacement drinks+ vegetables with a total of 800 calories (600 from the shakes + 200 from veg)
The shake was probably optifast which includes all the vit/minerals needed but is not available without prescription in the UK. (there are similar products on the market ) The 200 calorie from veg were as from the link on here.
http://www.ncl.ac.uk/magres/research/di ... versal.htm

Northernangel

I was looking for the same after watching the programme . After doing a little searching I found the Zone diet very simular as far as the 40/30/30.
I may be wrong but its worth checking it out! Just google Zone diet..
Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Northernangel

I was looking for the same after watching the programme . After doing a little searching I found the Zone diet very simular as far as the 40/30/30.
I may be wrong but its worth checking it out! Just google Zone diet..
Good luck

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
The other diet was the Newcastle diet.

Apricot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I didnt see the TV programme...the "experts" here in the office..have had volume, full chapter and verse from folks who know not a lot. Seems I am getting it all wrong....and its all my fault. My response to colleagues..has remained lady-like in the way my Mother has raised me....

I am delighted for those who have been successful with this regime...know about the success of a colleagues father...so pleased for him. Same regime for me...so far not a lot to report.

We are all different...and the Diab effects us in different ways....

Seriously..could we form a small controlled group...and give it a whirl??

Thank you all in advance....
Apricot