Diet

taurusmmuk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was recently diagnosed with type 2, and have lost over 2 stones since last October. My weight loss has stalled and my wife says that I look like “old Steptoe” and should slow down the weight loss to some degree. The main problem is that I have lost weigh from my shoulders and arms and do look very gaunt and my biceps sag horribly and make me look old ( I‘m only 65 ), so I wonder if I should ask to see a dietician for advice or are there any other suggestions out there.

I had asked to see the dietician before Christmas but was told that it wouldn't be appropriate at this time, whatever that means. At the time I was still a bit shell shocked and didn't push it and I am wondering if I should have insisted. I am still over 13 stones so have about 2 stones to lose to get to my “proper weight”. I was exercising on my treadmill 5 days a week until a month ago, but I slipped on ice at work and have only just got over the injury. I am just starting back on the treadmill.
My first 3 month average blood test was 6.1, so my doctor said you are almost pre-diabetic again. I am diet controlled and try to take the situation very seriously .
Thanks for any help. Jim.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Sounds great weight loss to me, but prob just needs a rone up in the areas that have lost the fat.

Doesnt have to be major... Just a few arm press up against wall whilst cleaning teeth or each tine going to loo.. Or now good weather... A little digging in garden...

Sounds to me you done really well, but may just need toning...

walterrichmand

Balanced diet is a must in preparing the food you will eat. There are many benefits to changing your diet and eating a more balanced diet. The type of food that you eat and the portion sizes go a long way to losing weight.

andybrightman

I think now you should consider a dietitian who helps you to make your diet programme. I would say that following a proper diet programme will help you for great fitness & health. I also suggest one other thing that you should stop eating no-vage foods.