Disposal of lancets

Gourmande

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was absolutely terrified. I worked myself up so much. I read every single tip I could find on how to make it less painful and I was still scared to death. I have a very low pain tolerance and I just couldn't do it for quite a while. Then one day I told myself I just had to do it, and I did and then I laughed for a long time because I barely felt it at all. :D Remember to do it on the side of your finger pad and to keep rotating fingers.
Yes, I was just the same. In the end I got on and did it a couple of weeks ago and it's turned out to be no big deal!

Gourmande

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I take mine to my surgery they put them in their bin.
As I am prediabetic, I am doing the testing without support from the doctor,who said I didn't need to. As I am in France, I am not sure what the procedure is for disposing of sharps bins, and based on the comments by others in this thread, I decided just to go ahead and wrap them up properly then put them in my own waste bin.

dvd

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I use accu chek cartridges ., 6 needles in a cartridge . They can be disposed of in your local waste ..

Gourmande

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all your replies. I am using the Codefree for now and it seems to be working OK.

Pabloincampo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How often should I replace a lancet. These are not supplied free of charge here in Spain, but the strips are!!

Gourmande

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How often should I replace a lancet. These are not supplied free of charge here in Spain, but the strips are!!
Hi Pabloincampo, welcome to the forum. If you look through the discussions on this thread there are quite a few helpful suggestions on how to dispose of lancets.
Have you introduced yourself on the part of the forum for new members? If you do will get a proper welcome and some helpful information.