drinking lots

alison m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
cruelty to any animal or human, not being able to eat sausage rolls and pies any more,
Hello, hope you can help, haven't posted on here for some time, but for the last week or so I have had such a terrible thirst, just cannot drink enough, wake up in the night wanting to drink, haven't checked my blood sugars for a few weeks, tested today, first reading said HI and second reading read 27.6. I was told I had good control, haven't done anything different and now these high readings, any ideas anyone?

Sketcher

Dislikes
Other people's cats in my garden
Hello Alison. I'm not an expert, but those BG readings are very high. I'd suggest getting an appointment with your GP or DSN as soon as you can.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Alison if your able check for ketones in your urine or blood. Ketones with high sugar is very dangerous. If your unable to do this get to a & e asap. Hopefully the thirst is just down to high sugars but is also a symptom of ketones.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. How old are you and are you normal weight? If young and not overweight it's possible you are not a T2 but a Late Onset T1 (LADA). If so, and there are tests your doc can do, then sadly you will progress to insulin more rapidly than a 'normal' T2. With your very high readings you must see the doc very soon or go to A&E if you feel unwell. Check your ketones and drinks lots of water. BTW your doc may well put you onto Gliclazide and/or Sitagliptin for starters before considering insulin. Ensure that he does increase your meds in some way or seek advice elsewhere. I assume you are on a low-carb diet?

Finzi

Alison, I agree with the others, that is NOT OK, especially coming out of the blue like that. You need to get it sorted ASAP, either via GP or failing that, A&E

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App