Drinking only 700mL water per day, how to increase it to the recommended 2L?

Rabdos

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello!

I am drinking only 700mL water per day, how to increase it to the recommended 2L? I get really bloated and it's very difficult!

Thanks!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I find it difficult to drink 2 litres of fluid a day, but I rarely drink water. I occasionally have hot water but usually tea (decaffeinated on the insistence of my nurse). I am about to try kamboucha (fermented tea) to see if that is an improvement.

The only way I can get close to the 2 litre mark is by measuring the amount of liquid that my cup holds (250 ml) and making sure I note down, or otherwise record, each cup that I drink. Today I have only managed 7 cups, so I am 250 ml short but it will have to do - can't drink so late in the day. To drink this amount, I have to be strict with myself but do find that tea is easier to drink than water. It might help you if you can find something more to your taste than water but it is important to maintain fluid levels. You might not need to drink the full 2 litres if some of your food has liquid content (soup or stews for example).