Driving Licence

stevewrx

Hi all new to this forum i have just lost my Driving have got two eyes Licence though Peripheral Vision Loss missed a few lights on the test in a clump. But i think its not fair as What about a person that rides a motorbike with a full face helmet as that cuts down (limits) your field of view (peripheral vision) to virtual nothing ?. As far as i can see only diabetics have to do this field of view test (peripheral vision). I think it is discrimination against diabetics. I can not see what the problem is if i can meet the standards (a persons with one eye) as a person with one eye can have a driving licence so if i can meet the standards for a person with one eye why can i not have a driving licence i can not be the only one with this problem any help or advise would be helpful
steve

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
Isnt it also something to do with the blurry vision?

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
Its not just diabetics who have to do this test glaucoma sufferers do to. Agree it's not fair but the DVLA don't really care about that.

If you have the same field as somone with one eye then you should meet the standards, as one eyed drivers are allowed to drive. I can only imagine your field is less than that of a one eyed driver, can you discuss with your optician?

carlrr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Arguments
are you allowed to wear glasses to re-try the test, you are allowed to wear glasses when you drive now