Dry mouth!!

Cathy1933

Hi there,

Hope someone can give desperately needed advice.

Im a woman in her late 70's who suffers from Type2 diabetes. I take oral medicine each morning when i wake up around 8am. I take my medicine with my breakfast as instructed. After breakfast if i sit down to read for several hours i can feel fine. However if i begin general household chores, within 2 hours my mouth is very very dry. Yet if i sit and read a book after my breakfast i feel fine.

Can anyone tell me what they think? Each morning for breakfast i have porridge oats. Is my problem with the type of food or could my prescription of medication be wrong?

Please help!

Grazer

Sorry Cathy, really can't help. If anything, I'd have thought it would work the other way round. If you sit around, your blood sugars would be higher which could make you thirsty. Can only suggest that if it troubles you, have a word with the doctor.

Highlanders

Dislikes
Those who try to tell me what I should do. Pompous, arrogant people who think they know everything after 5 minutes!
Here's a link to an article about Dry Mouth causes, worth a read. Medications can also be a cause. High bg levels can often cause a feeling of a dry mouth as you get dehydrated so that is something you need to consider. What are your bg levels when you experience this? What medication do you take?

[Causes of dry mouth]

If it isn't down to bg levels then I think you should consult your GP about this to determine the cause.