DUK Big collection

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm off to collect for the Diabetes UK big collection this morning at my local Tesco!

Has anyone else taken part this year?

Indiana x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 people

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Good for you Indiana, I'm afraid I haven't although but always put some loose change in the collection box when shopping in Tesco's, I'm also a supporting member of DUK and have been since the early 1980's.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm a DUK supporter but have serious reservations about the DUK's establishment view on diet which will make many diabetics worse so limit my support until the leadership sees the light but good for you; we each have our own views and priorities

Reactions: 6 people

Nicko2K

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wanted to help out but my local store isn't taking part. For what reasons i dont know. So i sent an email trying to find out why not, and requirements for them to do so but never received a response :-/ maybe next time i guess :) goodluck!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Indiana91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thankyou! It was good fun!

Hope you have better luck next time :)

Indiana x

peacetrain

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm off to collect for the Diabetes UK big collection this morning at my local Tesco!

Has anyone else taken part this year?

Indiana x

Was that you I spoke to in tesco as I gave my donation?
I don't like to join groups, unless it's a sorts club, but I will donate.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm a DUK supporter but have serious reservations about the DUK's establishment view on diet which will make many diabetics worse so limit my support until the leadership sees the light but good for you; we each have our own views and priorities

Southhport GP attended a debate at their annual conference and reported back. Here is an extract.

"Apparently it is time that we stopped advising people with diabetes to eat carbohydrates !!!!! Amazing debate and'we' won 70:30Trudy Deakin was inspired and gave a great talk -including a positive mention of all you low carbers on this site !, There was even a slide of one of Sam JB posts in front of hundreds of people at the National DUK conference. Another slide featured my work so I'm dead chuffed. Such an exciting day The emphasis of Trudy's talk was educating about diabetes so that then people can have a better idea of the diet that suits them personally "

Reactions: 4 people