Early pregnancy, very high blood sugar levels

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I just found out that I'm pregnant. I'm very excited but am worried about some high levels over the weekend (before I knew I was pregnant). Usually I'm between 5 and 7 and rarely go over 10 but on Saturday I was running at 15 for a good 4 hours after lunch then on Sunday morning I woke up at 4am and I was 25! It took me about 7 hours to get back down to a reasonable level. I've had to increase both my basal and bolus by about 40% to keep my blood sugars down. Has anyone had levels that high in early pregnancy and had a healthy baby??

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi and CONGRATULATION, I had this at first they just kept rising at alarming levels. I was constantly taking insulin. The DN are amazing at helping. I had a very healthy baby boy 2 years ago born at 36 weeks.

Reactions: 2 people

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi and CONGRATULATION, I had this at first they just kept rising at alarming levels. I was constantly taking insulin. The DN are amazing at helping. I had a very healthy baby boy 2 years ago born at 36 weeks.
When did your levels start dropping again?

sleepyheadzzz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 12 weeks and I also had this at first. My rates just kept increasing until about week 7 when they leveled off for a bit, and then dropped again around week 9, and have dropped again this past week. Now I'm having a lot of lows.

Janelle123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm 12 weeks and I also had this at first. My rates just kept increasing until about week 7 when they leveled off for a bit, and then dropped again around week 9, and have dropped again this past week. Now I'm having a lot of lows.
Good to know, thanks :)

Jillyp83

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes
Sorry for late reply @Janelle123, yes they came down with a lot a tweaking. You should be well looked after from the hospital and will be in good hands.

Reactions: 2 people