Eating out

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
I have been invited to posh sunday lunch at a french resturant. Problem is nothing looks ok for me ie thick veg soup. Or onion soup. Meats drenched in butter what should i do. I load the menu if i can so you can help me. Im doing well and dont want to spoil it.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Hi, i would have the salad for starter then

Pan sein roti de poulet
Pan roasted breast of chicken, leek and pancetta, black truffle oil and new potatoes

sounds yummy

i think the important thing will be to enjoy it, i know what you mean about spoiling things but a single meal of reasonably healthy stuff wont spoil anything :)

Glad your doing well :)

Frosty66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Snow
Thanks Andy i will take your advice. I dont want to be a kill joy as its my brothers 70th but i must think of my health i would like to reach 70 too lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm just doing a French meal tonight.

I'd have the snails, but if you don't like them , the mussels, or the fish stew, or the salmon, or the salad, and hold the bread.

Main would be the calves liver, the leeks are ok for me, and I'd probably get away with the bubble and squeak.

If not, either the sea bass, with a side of the green beans and roasted shallots, or salmon, with a side of the tomato and red onion salad, and leave the carbs on the plate.

The last two times I've eaten out the restaurant has swapped the carby potatoes, veg bread etc for a side of salad free of charge.

(Tonight I'm having a starter of snails, and scallops, and still deciding on a main, possibly a dressed green salad with egg and lardons)

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. Enjoy the meal out as an occasional blood high doesn't matter. Don't worry about the butter as it's the carbs that are our problem not fats

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Just had my snails, lovely.
And no carbs.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You could have the fish stew or the salmon without the bread , any roast ask for extra veg and no spuds same with the chicken or just eat a couple of small new pots Go for it and have a good time
CAROL

anteater2012

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
People who don't listen to others i.e. the 8 members of this forum I have put on ignore as they talk such utter **** all the time. This now includes the member who thinks they are a moderator.
Is there anyway you could just pop me in your pocket when you go for lunch - I promise not to drool too much! You could go for a good stroll after lunch - I find this helps with the sugar levels and bringing them down after a meal (and avoiding the dessert trolley) hehehe

Do enjoy and come and tell us what you ate and how those sugars were!

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
frankly as a one off just about anything other than the pasta would be OK for me, I would err towards the fish dishes as mains and the escargot for a starter, but thats just my personal taste