Excel Spreadsheet

dmoreno

Hello, I am new in the board. I am diabetic type 1 since 2007. I like sports: cycling, running and swimming. So far I have control myself fine, actually I keep my levels too low and it is something I want to correct. I measure my glucose frequently, but I do not keep a very good log of it. Now I want to take it more seriously. However, the spreadsheet and programs I´ve found in Internet are too complex and time consuming. I am sure in the community there is people that have worked a good excel spreadsheet to keep the info, simple and useful to track the glucose levels and the sport activity. Kind regards,

David

eveshamgal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oooh I love a spreadsheet :)

I have seen meters that plug into an iPhone. Sadly nothing for android yet. I would find it easier to track on my phone as its always with me.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi what meter do you use? as most meters will have the ability to download the data to a application which is provided by the meter provider. Most meter manufactures provide the data cable for free once you have registered the meter with them.

Currently I use the contour next usb, which has a simple and effective data app, which you can tweak to some degree to suit your needs. You can then save the results as a pdf file or export them to an excel file, which can then be tweaked like adding notes as you require.

Fraddycat

I have an app on my Blackberry which is pretty good, it does graphs and averages, etc and you can download the results to the computer. Its called GLUCOSE, I think it cost a couple of quid but nothing serious.

dmoreno

I have a simple one touch meter, with no link to the PC. I download the data to an excel spreedshet. I´ve seen some programs, but they are complicated. I do quite a lot of sport, and it can be first thing in the morning, before lunch or before diner. So I have an spreadsheet with six regions. I can measure before and after I do sport first thing in the morning. another for breakfast, another before and after sport at lunch, another before and after lunch and so on... but I am sure people that do sport have build something more useful... I would like to see how they do it and maybe I can do mne better.
Thanks anyway for the advice.

MikeMoon01

Hi, It's my pleasure to join this forum and I think this is the best platform for learning because I have found many experienced people here. so I am here in this thread to know some thing about the online excel spread sheet, Actually I am using this sheet and I have done a lot of work but Now I have deleted the two sheets by mistakenly. so now I can get it back ?
[commercial link removed]

dmoreno

Mike, did you lose the spreadsheet??? that is a real shame...if you can get it back it would be great if you could share the format with us. DAvid

LemonTree

Dislikes
High sugar levels :(
Hello

I've tried keeping spreadsheets but when you're out and about it's a pain. I use the Ontrack app for android (maybe available for iphone too) which is free. It seems fiddly at first but you can move/reorder the listings and set parameters for times of the day so for example you can set a time period of 12noon-2pm for Lunch and if you access the app at that time it knows it's lunchtime - just one of those time saver things.

You can also export the data but I've not found that as useful because the dates aren't standard so you can't easily sort it by date but the app gives you an estimated HbA1c and average glucose levels for the past week and past month and you can view graphs etc. It's really helped me - my HbA1c was 8.4 (old money) before I got this app and in 6 months I got it down to 6.5. Being able to review your readings in that way has been incredibly useful to me.

You can record all sorts of things in it and because it's on your phone, you always have it with you. I highly recommend this app to anyone with an android smart phone.

Good luck

dmoreno

Thank you all of you. I am going to give a try to Ontrack and Glucose Buddy...I´ll use them from my iPhone and the web. I´ll let you know how it goes. cheers, David

A

Anonymous

pav said:
Hi what meter do you use? as most meters will have the ability to download the data to a application which is provided by the meter provider. Most meter manufactures provide the data cable for free once you have registered the meter with them.

Currently I use the contour next usb, which has a simple and effective data app, which you can tweak to some degree to suit your needs. You can then save the results as a pdf file or export them to an excel file, which can then be tweaked like adding notes as you require.

My Accuchek Compact Plus has an infra-red facility, and all I did was to contact the manufacturer direct and request the software. It came with an infrared receiver with USB connection, and it was FREE. I create a summary chart time which gives my GP and DN a visual summary of what I have been up to!!

A

Anonymous

MikeMoon01 said:
Hi, It's my pleasure to join this forum and I think this is the best platform for learning because I have found many experienced people here. so I am here in this thread to know some thing about the online excel spread sheet, Actually I am using this sheet and I have done a lot of work but Now I have deleted the two sheets by mistakenly. so now I can get it back ?

Hi, if you have 'AUTOSAVE' set in EXCEL you may be able to recover the sheets that way. If not, turn it on! :wink:

A

Anonymous

dmoreno said:
Hello, I am new in the board. I am diabetic type 1 since 2007. I like sports: cycling, running and swimming. So far I have control myself fine, actually I keep my levels too low and it is something I want to correct. I measure my glucose frequently, but I do not keep a very good log of it. Now I want to take it more seriously. However, the spreadsheet and programs I´ve found in Internet are too complex and time consuming. I am sure in the community there is people that have worked a good excel spreadsheet to keep the info, simple and useful to track the glucose levels and the sport activity. Kind regards,

David

Not meaning to advertise, but if you have an Android phone, there are quite a few APPs. Just taken a quick look and one called ON TRACK (space inbetween) looks interesting.... (just noticed it has already been mentioned!). The only real difference between it and my Accuchek PC software is that you can't set & display a personal hypo value which would be useful if you wish to track these. Will leave it to you to search on internet using "android diabetes" as the search argument. An excel spreadsheet on an Android phone is probably not so easy, given the screen size etc.

You can show the results to your GP/DN, but remember to have the phone on 'silent' whilst in the surgery!

dmoreno

Well, at the end, the one that I find more useful is Glucose Buddy...easy to use and flexible to write down all the info I want. There is a free app, but it only allows you to sinc from the mobile to the PC. If you pay 6 euros, you can sinc in both directions. It is worth it.

Thank you very much for your help.
David

Nana klinton

Type of diabetes
Researcher
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
HI there
I am a newbie in diabetes.And i am also a beginner in Excel processing issues.I have been told that it would be more convenient for beginners to own an excel tools.So why not you add one of them to help you out?