jakay42

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Treadmills
Hi
Recently did an off road "jog" "run" "walk" in my local hills in the glens. What surprised me was the amount of carbs I took before during and after the run. I counted something like 140 carbs from 1 gel, a big pear, Lucozade, breakfast biscuits (that's a big fish supper) and my Libra readings never rose above 7mmol/Ls or hit anything lower than 4.9mmol/Ls. Now I,m not that long diagnosed T1 and wouldn't say I had a grip if this thing but I though 140 was a massive amount. I ate or/and drank every time the reading was between 5-6ish and scanned myself around eight times during the 11 miles. I don't I have ever taken that amount for similar exercise although I am going to check back. I feel like I have just been lucky and next time I will just have a fish supper before I start another run!!:) Anyone had similar amounts of carbs?

Jakay

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
the honest answer is there is not a one size fits all answer --- being a safe person -- you should always test before exercise , hopefully during exercise , and after , and a few hours after ........................the D road is not always a straight one ......

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Runsweet.com is a good website for those wanting to exercise, useful reading ;)