Eye Issues

Ro9000

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I had maculopathy about 5 years ago when my HbA1c was stuck around 8.5 and I wasn't really looking after myself. The optician did the grid test on me and I'd lost the central part of the vision in my left eye.

I started taking an eye supplement (Higher Nature - VisualEyes) and I think that might've helped as I've only recently got the HbA1c down to 7-ish.

The maculopathy cleared up after a year and I've just got a tiny bit of retinopathy in the eye but nothing to be concerned about. I'd definitely consider taking a supplement designed for eye health.

Reactions: novorapidboi26

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I had maculopathy about 5 years ago when my HbA1c was stuck around 8.5 and I wasn't really looking after myself. The optician did the grid test on me and I'd lost the central part of the vision in my left eye.

I started taking an eye supplement (Higher Nature - VisualEyes) and I think that might've helped as I've only recently got the HbA1c down to 7-ish.

The maculopathy cleared up after a year and I've just got a tiny bit of retinopathy in the eye but nothing to be concerned about. I'd definitely consider taking a supplement designed for eye health.
Really.....!!....

I thought that once it got to this stage there was no improvement.....just managing the deterioration.....

I'll look in to the eye supplements for sure...

Thanks....

Yodder

Type of diabetes
Type 1
i have had 3 injections ( Lucentis )
they did not alter things much -- no worse but not much better

I have worn the noctura 400 sleep mask for around 2 years which did make a difference in macular layer thickness ( down from approx. 370 micron to 320 micron )

samowen268

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't know how much help this will be, but I've been experiencing extreme eye problems for months, everything appears grainy and distorted and has ruined my entire year in so many ways. I was told I had maculopathy too, however they told me that it is easily reversible with good control as maculopathy is the stage before retinopathy that means your eye is able to recover. My nurse told me people who have high blood sugars for a long period of time and then control their bloods better suffer with more intense eye problems because the brain finds it difficult to see without all the sugar that usually helped, so it may just be your brain adjusting to the more normal sugar levels! If it's taught me anything it's that overthinking and obsessing can make things worse, try not to worry too much, easier said than done! kind regards :)