had my eyes photographed for the second year
t2
all is clear so far
should i expect problems as time goes on
thank you

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
You'll only get problems with elevated bgs over time. so if you didn't get it pre-diagnosis and keep in the 5s, you'll probably escape

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Edit to post :oops: :oops:
I think I've got confused with the Grahams obviously Graham55 and Graham1441 are different. I
can only apologise and put it down to my age. :wink: :wink: .Still its not bad news 3 Grahams on the forum.
Grahams rule OK :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hi,
I'm the other Graham on the site. Like Hana says keeping good control of your BG will lessen the risks of complications.Graham 1441 is a diabetic, due too log login probs I presume he has changed his user name from Graham55.

All the best.
Graham64

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Hi, Yea i`m The other one Graham 1441, it seems when you try and log in to the chat room you have to change your name to. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.And i thought i was mad.
When i first got T2 Diabetes my eyes went all over the place and as a delivery driver i had to go through all the glasses every morning to see which ones i could see through. And for two weeks NO glasses, I have worn glasses since school.
Specialeyes got a ton out of me i was down there every week for new lenses.
Graham 1441 T2 for almost a year.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Graham,
Thanks for clearing that up.When I joined the chat room I used the same user name and just added a digit to my password no probs.

Regards
Graham

Graham1441 said:
Hi, Yea i`m The other one Graham 1441, it seems when you try and log in to the chat room you have to change your name to. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.And i thought i was mad.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Dear Graham 1441
Your eyes were probabaly adjusting to lower sugars as you brought the condition under control that's normal and due to the change in the eyeball liquids as they get exposed to less sugar circulating. The Geek can give a better explanation, but I think you'll get what I mean

Graham55

Hi Graham,
Thanks I know what was happerning with my eyes but as i drive a 7.5 tonne van i just had to be able to see what i was doing, hence the new glasses every two weeks.
It seems i`m Graham 55 and Graham 1441, mmmmmmmmmmmmm, if anyone wants to send me round the twist just put a computer in front of me, lol. :shock: :roll:

rottweilsteve

Dislikes
incorrect punctuation (see above), Otherwise dishonesty, discrimination, prejudicial behaviour. and general nastiness.
I had my eyes photographed last week for the first time. No news on results yet, but those eyesdrops... Safe to say I'll never go unaccompanied to a retipathy screening again! When I left the health centre, everything white in colour was pulsating and looming towards me. Went into a shop and its lighting was power-cut chic. Realising I wasn't going to be able to function I took myself and my Ipod to the bench be the church where I wait for the bus (there are only a couple a day). Ended up being rescued by a couple from our village who took me home where I started the most spectacular (visually) migraine I've had in years.

Since it was my second medical appointment in a week, with a third scheduled for the next day my friend Shaun (or maybe rather his wife Louise re-timed Shaun's day)... re-timed his day to allow for dropping me off at the hospital to see the dietitian, who is happy with my BG's and cholesterol (4.5!!!) ("Happy birthday, happy xmas, see you in a year"). We each did our stuff and then went up to the organic farm at Meifod to collect supplies for the shop. I couldn't enjoy the farm as the migraine was theatening and colours pulsating everywhere, but there was a lovely, but nervous, sheepdog who wanted to make friend. By the time we left (They'd gone to dig up some parsnips for Shaun), the nervous sheepdog had sneaked round behind me and I got a quick lick of the hand. I just woder what the eyedrops were: Im sure there'd be a market for them outside the NHS/GIG! :mrgreen:

Steve