eyesight blurred

harryd

hi all, was diagnosed type 2 a week or so back and wear glasses. have noticed if i take them off my eyesight is blurred. will this go away.I'm on metformin 2 a day. how does this affect me still holding a driving license am afraid i will get it taken off me. felling really down this morning, and very tired. been like this for some time now. i thought it was looking after my wife who has had breast cancer
twice. she is ok now with no more signs of it but it has taken it's toll on our family, and i don't think mentally it will ever go away.

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi harryd.
Your eyesight problems probably are caused by your Bg levels not being under control.

You are newly diagnosed so this is to be expected. If you normally wear glasses for driving and you can see OK then you will not have to give up driving or your licence. It is alos normally only restricted if you are on Insulin.
As your medication etc takes effect and hopefully you gain control of your Bg levels this should all settle down.

Using me as an example, when I first came to this forum my Bg levels were all over the place. I had to wear my glasses for driving all the time, otherwise very blurred.
Three months later after gaining tight control of Bg numbers and my Diabetes I can now see perfectly without any glasses. See what I mean.

As for the other problems, if you just need to rant or want support, we are all here for you.

Ken.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya harry sorry you arent feeling at your best,
your eyes should soon get better and i know how u feel as my mum has had breast cancer too, try stay positive and keep reading the forum and asking questions :D