Face Tingling at 9.1

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Diabetes!! People who dont understand. Being overweight and hungry.
I thought I had been doing well, especially without taking Metformin after the troubles Ive been having, but right now my face is tingling, Ive not had this before, my aunt is Diabetic and her lips start tingling when she is low.
I havent had a particularly naughty day food wise, Ive eaten scrambled egg and toast, an apple, a small bottle of apple and cherry juice, a small chicken roast and a little pack of cheese and dried bread things.
Should I be worried?
I havent had a 9.1 in a while, and when I did my face didnt tingle.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
I forgot to mention I did eat some dark chocolate Green and black easter egg, but that was hours ago, at about 7pm Ive only tested a few times today but the results were 7.6 at 19.34 and 9.1 at 23.42. The cheese I ate was a kids pack of cheds and bicks that had 6 small slices of cheese about 2cm square and 6 crutons about the same sizee.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Getting worried now, arms and legs are tingling too, and stomach is hurting, but Ive gone down to 8.2 now

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Tinytoez

I sometimes get tingling mouth when my BG is low (I'm type 1) but not when it's high.

If you are worried, it might be worth calling NHS direct.

Tinytoez

Dislikes
Seems to be settling down a bit now, Ive had 2 tests at 8.2 an hour apart. My face is still a bit tingly but no where near what it was. Yes thats the thing, people normally tingle when they are low, but Im not. I will see how it goes, but the last time we called NHS Direct (when we were loosing my nan), they took 12 hours to call back and she was already in hospital by then, so I dont have much faith in them.

Magill

Dislikes
Some of the "candidates" in the Apprentice - I would never have employed some of the nasty individuals that pop up as potential employees in this show. If they are the best on offer then heaven help us!
I too have had tingling in the face and arms. First time it happened we thought I was having a bad reaction to one of the many meds I was on but we eliminated that. We have now worked out it is sparked by two "events"

1) I have some form of illness coming on (my body seems to know before I do that a cold, infection, etc is about to hit)

2) I have eaten something I really shouldn't have and my body has reacted to it i.e pretty bad indigestion and a minor allergic reaction.

Like you my BGs are usually slightly elevated when it happens. If I can give you an example. On Sunday I had a little of kelly's clotted cream ice cream (about 2 tablespoons). I thought I could get away with such a small amount but no such luck - it was just too rich for me. Before long the tingles started together with some numbness and BG went up to 10.1. I got about 3 pints of water down (as a lot of water seems to help) and moved about. You feel as though you are having a heart attack to be honest, and I agree it can also feel a bit like a hypo. I also think an element of panic sets in which makes things worse.

Looking at what you consumed there are two things that my body would react to - The apple and cherry juice and the Green & Blacks Egg (cocoa content just too high for me). There are quite a few things now that I know I just can't touch so usually I avoid them as the reaction is just not worth it. However, sometimes (like Sunday) I falter but feeling so yuck is usually enough to put me off for a long time as the "ill" feeling lasts for hours.

Not saying it is the same for you but it is something to consider. If nothing else I find that knowing how it will affect me does tend to keep me on the straight and narrow :sick: