Fasting blood sugar/prediabetes

Danny90

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello ,I have a question about my fasting blood sugar, today was the result 108-107 mg/dl (prediabetes range ) , after 2 hours of eating was it 136 mg/dl which is normal, so how could it be that my fasting blood sugar is in the gray rang and my result after eating just normal?
Thanks .
Notice: my hba1c at 15.06.2023 was 5.8

Last edited:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
If it is in normal range after two hours, then whatever you had for food and drink did not spike you high enough to give you that result. So a good choice. It could be also if you are on any meds, or not feeling good, a cold, tired and so on!
Your fasting will be still be in the prediabetes levels because of a few reasons, depending on your recent carb intake of it you have dawn phenomenon issues or something similar like a drink before fasting test.

It will take time to lower your fasting/hba1c levels. And following a low carb diet is the best way of doing that.
Testing around meals will give you information about which food and drink is okay.

Reactions: Danny90

Danny90

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If it is in normal range after two hours, then whatever you had for food and drink did not spike you high enough to give you that result. So a good choice. It could be also if you are on any meds, or not feeling good, a cold, tired and so on!
Your fasting will be still be in the prediabetes levels because of a few reasons, depending on your recent carb intake of it you have dawn phenomenon issues or something similar like a drink before fasting test.

It will take time to lower your fasting/hba1c levels. And following a low carb diet is the best way of doing that.
Testing around meals will give you information about which food and drink is okay.
Thanks for the answer , I'm just wondering if it is acceptable in the UK to have such a result (under 110 mg/dl) early morning.
I'm talking about this small test at home and not about the other fasting glucose test ,which you should do in a labor/ praxis .

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Thanks for the answer , I'm just wondering if it is acceptable in the UK to have such a result (under 110 mg/dl) early morning.
I'm talking about this small test at home and not about the other fasting glucose test ,which you should do in a labor/ praxis .
I don't see why not. It all depends on the health issues of the person, how badly the dawn phenomenon effects blood levels!
I'm talking about finger prick readings from a glucometer or a cgm!

Reactions: Danny90