Fasting question

AmandaAnne

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I hate abuse of any kind to humans or animals. I dislike judgmental people and people who are generally unkind, inconsiderate and have problems understanding the issues faced by others. I hate snakes!!! Cringe if I smell TCP!! and I cannot bare garlic!!
Hi William,
I shall leave your last question for those that are much more educated with diabetes than me, but I'm so glad that you're going back to your doctor to get this clarified. :)

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I am not going to see him until Thursday but I expect him to say there isn't any difference.

The same day that I had my blood checked so did my mother by another doctor. In my mothers case it was the plasma that was tested.

I got a reading of 5 whilst my mother had a reading of 5.1.

pixie1

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
If you had hba1c blood test, then it does not matter when you eat, as this for over a period of time. Fasting blood glucose is a snap shot, which you can do at home. Your numbers are normal.

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had my Hba1 tested yesterday and the reading was 5.6.

So I am within range thank goodness and given that I have been under a huge amount of stress for the last 2 months and eating very badly (lots of bad carbs) I am happy with the results.

My aim is to improve on this result with better eating and more activity. This is my wake-up call.

Reactions: 2 people

WilliamEE

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I had a fasting glucose test on Tuesday after 3 days following the recommended carb diet regime for the test.

I have done the test once before in January 2012 and the results were quiet good:

Fasting: 5.5
2 Hours: 5.5

However, this time not so good:

Fasting: 5.6 (nothing to really complain about)
2 Hours: 7.0

Though in the normal range it's a big jump in 2.5 years. I have been very stressed the last couple of months and in particular the last couple of weeks, but I'm now just 7 points about from 7.8 pre-diabities.

My eating habits, in general are fine and won't be difficult to cut out the stuff I should't be eating. Also I need to be more active. I currently weight 81Kg (have lost 3kg over the three weeks) and I would like to get down to and stay at 70kg.

Does anyone know how 'normal' it is to have a 2 Hour fasting result be 1.4 higher then the fasting result and what this means. Any feedback would be most welcome and appreciated.

Kali

Hi All
My doctor explained my results to me 5.1=6.8%. Therefore I was prescribed metmorfin as a preventative measure from stroke. I have no symptoms so. I am reluctant to go on tablets. Look forward to your comments.

Last edited by a moderator: