Fed the f*** up!!!!

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Right so today i've decided I have had enough of this stupid condition. I'm in constant floods of tears as my sugars are so erratic for no reason, I've got an under-active thyroid too and gained 2 stone in the last year and a half without changing my eating habits. I cant lose weight, I feel constantly drained and my mood swings are horrific. I'm fed up of worrying about my bloods, feeling **** and crying! Im not looking for sympathy, I just want someone to tell me they feel the same and its not just me!!!!

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Hi Miss, sorry to read you're struggling at the minute. Are you getting any support from your healthcare team ? When you say your BG levels are very erratic for no reason, quite often if you look closely enough at your diet/meds etc, there will be a reason. Can you keep a detailed diary for a while to discuss things with your DSN ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Karen.G.

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not just you babes. Very common. Go round feeling like a nutter half the time :-( Have a hug - you now know you are not alone.

Dogbutler

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Hi Miss
You are definitely not alone.
I've got several endo problems including diabetes and hypothyroidism and the do, very often, drive me bonkers.
Take care and don't be too hard on yourself - you'd have to be superhuman not to get down in the dumps from time to time. We all do.

Ness x

lindy26

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Diet only
Right so today i've decided I have had enough of this stupid condition. I'm in constant floods of tears as my sugars are so erratic for no reason, I've got an under-active thyroid too and gained 2 stone in the last year and a half without changing my eating habits. I cant lose weight, I feel constantly drained and my mood swings are horrific. I'm fed up of worrying about my bloods, feeling **** and crying! Im not looking for sympathy, I just want someone to tell me they feel the same and its not just me!!!!
I know exactly how you feel. my 20 year old son is a type 1 diabetic, and they have just changed his insulin to levemir at night, he also has Humalog fast acting every time he eats, his blood sugar seems to go up all the time even when he hasn't eaten. He's now starving but can't eat his tea as his bloods too high. I feel so sorry for him, he's doing every thing right and yet we still can't get his blood stable. He's also checking his blood 10 times a day and the receptionist at the doctors said that's too much and won't give him any more blood strips until next week. I don't know whether to scream or cry at the moment. I suffer with depression myself and it's so hard trying to be strong for my boy. I would willingly give him my pancreas if only he could just live a normal life. sending you a big hug, it's not easy living with diabetes but this site has been a huge help to me.

shorty17

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

You are defiantly not alone.

I've been diagnosed now for just under 10years and still in denial. I had a breakdown a fortnight ago was totally fed up with everything as my bg was either 20+ or hypo I couldn't get anything right. I went and spoke to my doctor and told him how I felt. I am now currently on anti depressants and have seen my diabetic nurse twice since and things are getting better slowly.

Make an appointment with ur doctor it's the best thing I've done to help.

sanchia07

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Totally with you on this one! Its pants trying to balance everything, I also have an under active thyroid and it took abut 2.5 yrs to get my thyroxine dose right, just as I managed that oh let chuck diabetes in the mix! I am type 1 suffer from night time highs, I do everything I am asked and still cant get them lower than 22 in the mornings! Saying all that it does get better, we are allowed bad days and don't need to feel bad about it! Once your thyroid is balanced you will find the weight will start to come off and thats a big boost!

ShellyC23

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes I too have days when I feel ****. I've been 'collecting' medical conditions since I was three years old. I'm now in my 50th year and taking 15 different medications, a lot of them have different doses on alternate days. Diabetes is in my opinion the hardest to manage. I take steroids which need to be increased during illness or stress and this messes with my BG levels. I'm trying to count carbs and get my insulin dose right but I get really frustrated and angry with myself if my 2 hour post insulin test gives a result in double figures. Some days I feel like a complete failure, I try so hard everyday to take care of myself but not managing my levels really upsets me. Now I've discovered how to make muffins which don't affect my levels I will make myself a few if I'm feeling down - luckily I don't have a weight problem!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
... He's also checking his blood 10 times a day and the receptionist at the doctors said that's too much and won't give him any more blood strips until next week...

Well that's just appalling - tell the effing receptionist she's not his doctor and it's not her decision to make - I'm normally very mild mannered but I'd report her for that sort of behaviour.

Robbity

Reactions: 2 people

Miss90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Yet another sky high reading just now... 17.6. I've had enough!!!!! I try so hard, I check my levels at least 10 times a day and I just can't get them under control. I'm so scared I'm gonna go blind or have kidney failure or something :(
Everytime I speak to a score they always say don't worry we will work something out but they never do!!!!! Even when I eat zero carbs my levea still climb really high. What can I do!?!?