Feel sleepy after lunch !!

Sameer

I Take lunch at 5 pm then at 7 I feel to tired and feel sleepy I am at work so what should I do
My test results are in normal range any advice !!!
Taking 2 times novomix 30
Describes in signature
Thank you !!!

Novomix 30
Morning 10 units before breakfast 12 at night before dinner

Sameer

Not a single help ????

Setting my dose .....on novomix 30 !!!
Currently morning 10 units and before dinner 14 units
Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
What do you eat? Some foods will send your levels high quickly and then they come back down fast, I find this can make me sleepy sometimes.

LittleWolf

Same here! Always found it funny that if I am above 11 a couple hours after eating i so often feel awake. But shooting up then down again definitely makes me sleepy. (half the reason i started testing in the first place) Like my 2 hour reading after late breakfast is 6.5 but still half asleep on the couch lol

Is your blood pressure ok? Sometimes it drops after a heavy meal and can make you dizzy/sleepy. Do you test at one hour or earlier? Maybe you are spiking high and coming back in range by 2 hours an you can find out what foods do that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sameer

I was 250 mg dl after 1 hour so I took more 6 units as described by doctor and then took something to eat !!

Novomix 30

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sameer said:
I was 250 mg dl after 1 hour so I took more 6 units as described by doctor and then took something to eat !!

Novomix 30

This worries me sameer. I don't use mixed insulin, but I was under the impression you shouldn't use it for corrections. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

Did he explain why you should take more insulin and what effect it would have later in the day?

Sameer

Ok today also i am feeling really sleepy and tired again ..... In the eve before my dinner .... So i checked and it came 116 mg / dl i called my doctor he said visit again !!!!
I got the appointment after 1 month what the hell !!!

Okay i thought my sugar level may be high but came 116 whihc is normal !!!

So any idea ???

Setting my dose .....on novomix 30 !!!
Currently morning 10 units and before dinner 14 units
Will stick to this !!!
Sent using Ipad .