Feeling ashamed with new diagnosis

cornylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
entitled people, traffic jams, politics
Thank you everyone. I am feeling more positive. I have told only immediate family & a couple of close friends. I don’t feel the need currently to tell anyone else. My head is still spinning a bit and I seem to go up & down a lot! However all the advice on here has been amazing and I feel like I’m starting to find my feet. Still lots to learn but my numbers keep improving and I’ve already lost over a stone. Not found NHS hugely helpful tbh but first target is to prove I can do this without medication in 3 months. The next one will take a fair bit longer but to get within the NHS BMI guidelines for knee replacement (really want to stick 2 fingers into dismissive orthopod). So I’m motivated and seem to be heading in the right direction. Love this group!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ioving that confidence & attitude @cornylady .

So far removed from the cornylady of first post.

Full of determination & the two fingers to doubters....my kinda person, totally.

So pleased for you
Finding your feet after the blow of DX ..what a great recovery & fight back.

While we all need the help, I have to say .."I think you've got this"

Bravo, can't wait to read of further successes.

All the best.

cornylady

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
entitled people, traffic jams, politics
Ioving that confidence & attitude @cornylady .

So far removed from the cornylady of first post.

Full of determination & the two fingers to doubters....my kinda person, totally.

So pleased for you
Finding your feet after the blow of DX ..what a great recovery & fight back.

While we all need the help, I have to say .."I think you've got this"

Bravo, can't wait to read of further successes.

All the best.
Thank you so much! Really appreciated reading this, this morning. Definitely still having a few wobbles but not letting them put me off. My friend said to me yesterday that when I do something I tend to do it all out and I think she is probably right. It's not going to go away so if I didn't meet it head on I would just worry what was happening to my body (massive over thinker here). Also meant 2 fingers up not "into" orthopod but whatever works!

• Funny
Reactions: Antje77 and jjraak

ajbod

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The longer your journey goes on, you will start to appreciate that a dignosis is paradoxically as good thing. We become much more aware of our own health, and if we tackle it head on, i suspect we become much healthier than the general public, who are blissfully unaware of the damage being done to them.