First H1bac Result Since Diagnosis

Cryssi_Rawr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Results are in...

... H1ac is at 5.8!! (I was at 9.8 in May)

I'm super stoked! This does not mean that my journey is over, far from it, but I'm so happy to be heading in the right direction. I'm meeting with my nurse next week, and my kidneys look like they're doing just fine, too. Going to get my results tomorrow for my cholesterol.

Results are spiking again in the morning, but I was off on vacation for a week and couldn't as well, so hopefully a stricter diet will get it back on track (seeing 7's, was down to seeing 6's before going on vacation).

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Super results and congratulations for acknowledging this is a marathon not a sprint.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well done, keep up the great work.

Reactions: Prem51

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
A well done from me too, fantastic result :)

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Excellent result, hope mines that good come october.

Cryssi_Rawr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thank you!

Excellent result, hope mines that good come october.

Thanks, TazziT! Even if they're not (and this is not even a guarantee they'll be that good later on), don't give up and just keep trying. I'm seeing a rise again in my morning fasting levels, although that could be from a bad week on vacation. So, next time around it might be higher.

YOU CAN DO IT!

:D Thanks!

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
Thank you!

Thanks, TazziT! Even if they're not (and this is not even a guarantee they'll be that good later on), don't give up and just keep trying. I'm seeing a rise again in my morning fasting levels, although that could be from a bad week on vacation. So, next time around it might be higher.

YOU CAN DO IT!

:D Thanks!
Thanks, I'm just a little concerned that I'm going away for 7 days all inc tomorrow, I will have to be really careful to eat correctly and not break my 16:8 fast regieme. I have a steady 5.7 30 day averavge with only 2 reads above 7 and weights dropping off a 1 to 1.5Kg a week.

Cryssi_Rawr

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks, I'm just a little concerned that I'm going away for 7 days all inc tomorrow, I will have to be really careful to eat correctly and not break my 16:8 fast regieme. I have a steady 5.7 30 day averavge with only 2 reads above 7 and weights dropping off a 1 to 1.5Kg a week.

While I know what fasting regimes are, I'm not knowledgeable about them. For me, I aimed at finding the right balance to be able to permit certain outings (as long as they absolutely remain a treat), eat healthy and exercise. We did have a week vacation where I have to admit that food was ****, which is most likely the culprit in my high levels in the morning (although between meals I seem to be at a nice steady 5.3).

For me, I will always get enjoyment through food, so that's why I worked it that way. I hope you can find your balance, and that whatever that is, that the upcoming trip won't upset it too much! You're doing fantastic efforts and it will show :)

TazziT

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Advacados
@Cryssi_Rawr, thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

All the 16:8 means to me is I don't eat before midday or after 8pm. In between thes hours I eat 2 small very low carb meals and may have a no carb snack. No more than 30g of carbs a day and most of those come from greens, cheese, goats yougart or an occasional Lidl protien roll. Good coffee is my go to sin.