First Libre 2 fault

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
I have been using my Libre 2 as a cgm for 8 months now without a problem but this morning all I was getting was a signal loss message and no alarms available icon , it worked fine for the last eight days since I put on the sensor so I contacted Abbott and after going through all the procedures to get it working and it didn't said they would send me a new one ,what I am confused about was when I went into I think it was event log page it said there were several sensor errors 373 the last one being 2 days ago but up until today it was working fine , just a bit confused as it carried on working after the error .

Last edited:

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
From looking online it looks like Error 373 is the Error that appears when you scan and it tells you to try again in 10 minutes. I presume it works in the same way that all other CGMs do in that it can have these Error’s where it is unhappy with what it is reading but can sometimes kick back into action, it’s always checking its own performance in the background so it has obviously logged there’s an error but then continued to work until it finally decided to not work any longer.

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
From looking online it looks like Error 373 is the Error that appears when you scan and it tells you to try again in 10 minutes. I presume it works in the same way that all other CGMs do in that it can have these Error’s where it is unhappy with what it is reading but can sometimes kick back into action, it’s always checking its own performance in the background so it has obviously logged there’s an error but then continued to work until it finally decided to not work any longer.
Thanks for the reply perhaps I should have left it a bit longer before I condemned it , I feel guilty now . I did look back at event log and there are literally 100s of sensor error messages going back months sometimes minute by minute but I never received the messages on my phone , it sounds like I must have something wrong in the settings on my I phone , would anybody know ?

Last edited:

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I think I may have sorted it with the help of Abbott , in the Libre link app I went to notifications, switched off the notification grouping , whatever that is , and now have not received anymore sensor error 373 since three hours ago , I did notice that sometimes there was a gap of a couple of hours between the messages so will keep my fingers crossed and hope that the problem is sorted , it must of been using a lot of my battery I would guess .

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been using Libre 2 for 18 months ish, I think you have been lucky not to encounter any dodgy sensors up to now. I have gone through phases of having dodgy ones, maybe due to a dodgy batch? I had three fail on me in quick succession last month. Abbott have always been very good replacing them, which is important as I fund them myself.

• Agree
Reactions: TheRightStuff

KetoAnnie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have been using Libre 2 for 18 months ish, I think you have been lucky not to encounter any dodgy sensors up to now. I have gone through phases of having dodgy ones, maybe due to a dodgy batch? I had three fail on me in quick succession last month. Abbott have always been very good replacing them, which is important as I fund them myself.
Yes that is important. Abbott (Australia) would not replace my self-funded faulty sensors because they were not prescribed/endorsed by a health professional. Likely it makes a difference if your GP or diabetic nurse is onboard with you using them.
I won't use Freestyle again after my experience....just mentioning here so anyone else doesn't get caught out like I did - hundreds of wasted dollars.

Reactions: Brava210

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
After reading this I do feel very lucky , I have fitted a new one today and so far so good , I can't thank Abbott enough their customer service was brilliant and I should be receiving my new sensor soon , eight months without a problem from what i'me reading does seem good .

Reactions: Rachox

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Coincidentally mine failed today after several days of lost signal errors and they are sending me a replacement with the request to return the failed one so that they can investigate.

Kar11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This is a bit of a tech question from someone who is not technical. I was given a sensor which obviously connects to my phone which is a Samsung but now my phone seems to be running ‘slow’ has anyone else had this problem

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coincidentally mine failed today after several days of lost signal errors and they are sending me a replacement with the request to return the failed one so that they can investigate.
Had another one fail this morning. :banghead::mad:

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
This is a bit of a tech question from someone who is not technical. I was given a sensor which obviously connects to my phone which is a Samsung but now my phone seems to be running ‘slow’ has anyone else had this problem
Would you mind defining “running slow”? I have an iPhone so I can’t compare but I am interested.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Samsung and find that it's the having to run Bluetooth for the sensor that slows most other functions of my phone.
Being t2 I don't need the sensor alarms so I just toggle Bluetooth on and off whenever I need to do a reading

Brava210

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not Moaning
Ive had 4 sensors fail in the space of 10 days, all with signal loss and sensor error.
very annoying

wes.w

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
I've had a similar problem with my Dexcom One and Samsung phone. Dexcom support suggested I restart the phone frequently as its cache tends to fill up and slow things down (see here ). Might be worth trying for a Libre/Samsung combination?

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Ive had 4 sensors fail in the space of 10 days, all with signal loss and sensor error.
very annoying
Can you give us the serial numbers of them? Well, 3 of them anyway, because the app only has the most recent 3 recorded.
I would be curious to see if they are the same batch as my failed ones.

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Thanks for the reply perhaps I should have left it a bit longer before I condemned it , I feel guilty now . I did look back at event log and there are literally 100s of sensor error messages going back months sometimes minute by minute but I never received the messages on my phone , it sounds like I must have something wrong in the settings on my I phone , would anybody know ?
I had a sensor error a few years ago when I contacted Abbot they told me after 2 hours it’s classed as a fault

TheRightStuff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After reading this I do feel very lucky , I have fitted a new one today and so far so good , I can't thank Abbott enough their customer service was brilliant and I should be receiving my new sensor soon , eight months without a problem from what i'me reading does seem good .
I don't think I have ever had more than 3 freestyle libre 2 sensors in a row that worked for the full 14 days without issue. My last one worked okay for 12 days then just randomly stopped (and the filament was not damaged in any way).

Failed sensors seem to be that common that the customer services send out new ones like they are going out of fashion or at least after just one mention of the dreaded Er3, 365.