First time tester(SD)Code Free)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Bullies & Cauliflower cheese
Good evening all my friends have just taken a meter test at 9pm (pre Bed) it reads 5.6m/mol:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning all my friends my reading this morning is 4.8 at 4.30am
5.30am just had half a bowl of porridge no sugar and 6 raspberries:)

Last edited:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning just tested 90 minutes after porridge reads 5.8

Reactions: Serena51

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning this Friday coming the 13th January I have the first of my 2 hour NHS X-PERT course,from 10am until 12am,.was originally told that because there were so many people with Diabetes there was a very very long waiting list,but I think that so many people cancel cos they can't be bothered that they rang me and said they had a cancelation and would I like to go,I jumped at the chance as I feel that I should have as much information as possible,who knows I might even change their mind about Low Carbs ,if I don't find it benefical I can always tell them in person when I attend and I shall make room for somebody else:)

Reactions: ziggy_w

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
10.45am/Good morning I have tested again 2 hours after one poached egg on slice of one wholemeal bread it reads 6.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good afternoon all my friends to day as I gain just a little bit of confidence thanks to all of you on here,I would like to thank you all,when I was diagnosed 13 weeks ago I was in a right old state,my anxiety was running wild you name it ,I had it,but you all calmed me down,I know its a long way to go but with you all helping me I will be OK:)

will test at 2 hours
Reading 7.5

1pm Lunch
By way of an experiment to day I have just eaten a sunday roast lunch
2 small Aunt Bessie yorkshires =14 g carbs
2 small roast potatoes 38g=10g carbs
Brussels 80g=3gcarbs
Cauliflower80g=3gcarbs
Broccoli 80g=2gcarbs
small lean chicken breast(no skin)
Gravy 115g=5gcarbs
Total=37gram Carbs

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluetit1802

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning everyone this mornings FBG was 3.6 m/mol :)

Did someone call
animated-owl-image-0036.gif

Last edited:

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning just eaten my porridge and a few raspberries at 8.15am,shall test at an hour and 2 hours time frame:)

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Actually, those numbers look rather in the normal, 'non-diabetic' range, no? Maybe some of the more experienced posters know more about it.
In any event, keep doing what you're doing for now, and see what happens when you see the doctor. It all looks very encouraging so far.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Geordie_P and thank you for your support I have taken the 2 hour test and it reads 5.7m/mols

Reactions: Liam1955

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your numbers are in the normal range now. Much better than mine so I don't think I can give any advice. Just hope your test results are equally good when you get them.

Reactions: wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Hiitsme my friend yes I am not going to expect to much when I have to see the Dnurse on Friday for this Xpert course thingy,she says she will have the results of my first 3 month assestment Blood test.:)

I do enjoy my bread though about 4 slices a day of Tescos high protien seed 10 carbs a slice;)

Capture.JPG

Bread.JPG

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
@wiseowl_123 - Hi :). Your results are great.

Blood Glucose Ranges for Type 2:
Before Meals. = 4 to 7.
2 hours after Meals. = 4 to 9.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning @Liam1955 thank you my friend its only thanks to you and everyone else for all the support and advice that's been given to me,much appreciated;):)

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning @Hiitsme my friend yes I am not going to expect to much when I have to see the Dnurse on Friday for this Xpert course thingy,she says she will have the results of my first 3 month assestment Blood test.:)

I do enjoy my bread though about 4 slices a day of Tescos high protien seed 10 carbs a slice;)

View attachment 21567
View attachment 21566
OOO liked the look of the bread .... but the other half has a rapeseed oil allergy .. hope it tastes as good as it looks.

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi @Enclave my friend its keeps its softness and tastes good, with a small portion of Edam cheese with a touch of English mustard,its new in my local Tescos to day,:)

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
12.30pm Good afternoegaron all my friends I have just eaten my lunch,Grilled Yellow Haddock,,Broccolli,Cauliflower,small portion of mash sprinkled with cider vinegar I shall test at 1.30pm and again at 2.30pm:)

1 hour after Lunch 1.30pm 6.7
2 hours after lunch 2.30pm 5.2

Last edited:

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Hi @wiseowl_123 - This is only a suggestion as not everyone does it. But, if you had a notebook or pad you could list down each meal in detail to create a Food Diary and also put your before and after meal Blood Glucose test results with this meal. Over time you will see what foods you can eat and those that need to be avoided. :)

Reactions: wiseowl_123

wiseowl_123

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good evening @Liam1955 thank you my friend I have just started to do that it should be easy as I eat mostly fish and cauliflower and broccolli tomatos,with Salmon,Yellow Haddock,sardines,Tuna
,Hecks Mediteranian sauages one day:angelic:

Breakfast on altenative days /Porride,with ,raspberries,blueberries,tomatoes poached eggs:)

ps and not to forget Apple cider vinegar on my small portion of mash,and a spoonful in a glass of water at meal times

Last edited: