himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi there @NadineV
lovely lovely mum !!
i think you need to slow down a bit

forget diabetes in your family -- your son is a young lad at normal weight -- he has type 1
it is a devastating diagnosis not only for your son --- but also the whole family

right now you need to just concentrate on today and then tomorrow , concentrate on tomorrow.
with under a week since diagnosis it is too soon to either find cause or apportion blame.

I could come and give your whole family a hug -- I was diagnosed age 14 -- it was horrendous for me as a young teenager

for now -- focus on looking after your son -- help him to understand , and help him to move forward with this diagnosis.
My mum did a brilliant job of this with me 45 years ago -- and is a main reason i have coped so well to be here today !!!

Reactions: Kim Possible

catapillar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a different between Lantus and Levemir in terms of their metabolism profile? How are they selected? And why do some people get advised to take a single daily basal injection whilst others are advised 12-hourly?

Action time. Lantus lasts about 18hrs. Levemir lasts about 12hrs.

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
my lantus seems to stop working after about 12 i then need atop up of 8 to tide me over to the morning.