Follow me

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars, cold feet, being the odd one out at outings ("can you make sure that's a diet coke").
Got my HBA1C result. 51. Not too upset as knew I had been bad over Christmas went the whole hog this year including chocs, and Christmas pud. Then as I said the hold didn't help., We just stayed in Goa this time,(foods amazing there, but not great temptation wise). Have travelled round a bit in the past, seen Mumbi, Deli, Agra etc. This year its America's route 66. The land of the burger, should be fun. Best bit over there is the buffet breakfast. Heap on the bacon,eggs, mushrooms etc. YUM. Keep up the good work. I'm going back to being a good girl too. Will keep checking yer posts.

Reactions: 2 people

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Evolved into a excellent and interesting thread, daniT1D.

10 + 10 4 U

willie.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Nice going Ray ! You're picking this up fast and you'll soon know exactly what you can and can't eat.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
It takes time Ray and you will make mistakes along the way but if you learn from them, it's all good !

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1390863455.199205.jpg

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
There's deffo carbs in pizza Ray ! The base is basically bread ! Trust me buddy !

Reactions: 6 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well, we'll agree to disagree Ray ! Try the pizza and let me know how you get on ! May well be low GI but even thin pizza base has carbs. If I'm wrong, I'll weed your vegetable plot for free :)

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
Agree with Mo ! No such thing as a zero carb pizza although I wish I could buy one!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Ray I hate to say this but I have 2 apps that both say pizza is high carb. Yes this crust is lower, but carb is still there!

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1390903561.739679.jpg

Thin crust meat pizza, 1 small slice.

By all means try and then you'll know for sure. But I'm not sure I trust this app you're using

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

C

catherinecherub

Good morning everyone Bg this morning 7.2 have any one up loaded the app yet to see about the lovely thin crust pizza with meat and fruit on yummy tummy lol

Hi Ray,

The G.I. diet is for non diabetics as well.
Diabetics have to test their response to foods unlike non diabetics so you have to be aware that not all low G.I. foods are suitable for diabetics.

This site is worth looking at.
http://www.glycemicindex.com/index.php

Beachbag

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Filling in forms! ;)
Ray, sorry but I have to agree with the others....pizza is not good. See the portion Hale has posted a pic of, it has 22 carbs and is VERY small. For a start are you going to eat just a little slice? I doubt it, lol. Secondly you may have a lowish BG two hours later but from what has been posted on other threads there is something called the Pizza Effect where the Blood Glucose can begin to rise after two hours and stay high for up to 24 hours! Is it worth sacrificing all your hard work for a bit of dough?

Reactions: 6 people

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
The toast didn't help Ray and that Pizza you said about will probably send you higher than that if you eat it.

carraway

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
I reckon 8 slices would be 20g carbs in total.

What about eggs in the morning?