Food Doctor Diet

fiona35

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I saw this book for sale in the cheapie book shop and had a flick through it and decided to buy it as it seems okay, not sure I could face the seven day diet to be honest but the rest of the diet seems okay, does anyone know if this might help reduce my blood sugars or even if they follow this type of diet?

B'fasts seem to be based around protein and a very small portion of carbs
Lunches seem to be salads with proteins or soups with proteins and small portion of carb
Dinners seems to be meat/fish/tofu with lots of vegetables no carbs.

Thanks for info.

shadwell

I followed the Food Doctor diet initially a couple of years ago and found it very useful in getting me kick started on a low carb regime and getting my BS under control. The recipes are easy and quick to make and are mostly really tasty - the beetroot and feta risotto is divine! Mostly they are low-carb and only small amounts of complex carbs are used. I found it really useful in getting rid of cravings and after the first 10 days or so, never really felt hungry. Thoroughly recommended.

cherrypie

Yes, I have stuck to a low GI diet alll year and it has complimented the Byetta - the recipes are really tasty - even the grandkids like them